Quantcast

Imperial frame?

WrenchGuy

Chimp
Jul 19, 2012
Hey sup guys!

Its really been a Wheres Waldo for an Evil Imperial frame. I was sure it would be. All the searches led back a couple years.

Is it possible someone has one out there still? I have an 04/05 Black Diamond Triple and I just like the techy ride of the hardtail. The imperial or something easier to get would really make use of the rest of my parts off the BDT.

I just need something to take the Shiver fork....I have it and its still in excellent condition and the Imperial really seems to fit the bill.

Im in Michigan so Im not real extreme but the hardtail is fun to me.

Id appreciate any help you guys have.

WrenchGuy

Chimp
Jul 19, 2012
I will do my best to contribute. Browsing made me join and it seems like a nice place. Im usually on car audio forums...lol

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
that is what im afraid of as well...if i sell will i regret it? It's hanging in my garage right now as a convo piece...
If I had a bunch of money and some more storage space, I'd build one up just for a fun bike to do little errands on. I mean, I completely recognize that the Sovereign I have is much more practical - but there's something about those Imperial frames.

WrenchGuy

Chimp
Jul 19, 2012
Too cool. I thought we'd be beating a dead horse or something. Im glad you guys like/liked the rig. I wont do much to one but It seems to be the best option of getting into a HT again with parts I already have.

WrenchGuy

Chimp
Jul 19, 2012
Just a sweet lookin rig!

Well I havent got any responses back..i know how it is with forums so no biggie but I will be ready for a frame within a couple weeks so....if ya got one.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Trick of the light! Either that or I'm half blind and senile. Anyway +rep for Monster T rockage. If you can post up a pic of the Sasquatch with the Super T, just picked up a NOS pair yesterday and am loving myself sick atm.

Philliam

Chimp
Jan 16, 2012
Recently revived. Not for sale. Sorry, OP.

Edit: It's a first gen, by the way. The frame is over ten years old. It started as a street-specific singlespeed with 24" Hookwormed Trailpimps and cromo cranks. And it's never been this clean. Ever.

Imp.jpg

Last edited:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
With the machining on those dropouts, it's not the first gen. It's the same generation as mine was, and I think that was the third iteration they did.

First generation had none of the "cutout" machining in the dropouts, just a boxed tube attached to the flat horizontal body of the dropout. Second gen, I don't exactly remember but I thought they had only a little bit of the cutout machining.

Looks sweet, though!

Philliam

Chimp
Jan 16, 2012
With the machining on those dropouts, it's not the first gen. It's the same generation as mine was, and I think that was the third iteration they did.

First generation had none of the "cutout" machining in the dropouts, just a boxed tube attached to the flat horizontal body of the dropout. Second gen, I don't exactly remember but I thought they had only a little bit of the cutout machining.

Looks sweet, though!
Well damn. I should ask for my money back.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Well damn. I should ask for my money back.
Yes, it definitely sounds like you haven't gotten your money's worth on a decade of riding :D

I always thought that version was the best looking of all of them anyway. The later revisions had more sharp-edged cutouts, and the early frames didn't have as much of the CNC.

Philliam

Chimp
Jan 16, 2012
I can look back and giggle at some of the dozens of bikes I've owned (Trek Y, Ellsworth Dare, San Andreas, etc), but the Evil has really stood the test of time. If it ever breaks, it will go on the wall next to my 2004 Canfield F1.