Quantcast

Implants anyone?

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
I'm getting 6 of them in 2 weeks. It's around 15k for the implants only. NO CROWNS. Those are another 12k or something. They have to build up my jaw I guess and I had to select from several different types of powdered bone cement. I chose COW bone, LOL, figuring if I get mad cow disease, I'd just go SRM (stark raving mad) and get to sue somebody :oink:

Anyhow, I am trying to stay as grounded as I can be. I had a toof pulled that was impacted up in my sinus once. It took 2 hours to get the toof out and 30 stitches. He had to cut my gum from the front, all the way to the back for some reason to get the chunk out of the sinus. I was so out of it and in so much pain, that my soul, energy body, whatever you want to call it actually sat up in the chair, but when I realized this wasn't my body, I freaked, then my actual body rose from lying down to sitting up. The dentist responded quickly with a nice stiff arm to the chest to knock me back down and muttered "we're almost done, just gotta stitch you up" I was scarred for life and now have panic attacks at the dentist if I don't do some sort of meditation and previsualize a happy experience prior to going.

So anyhow, I'm getting these 6 implants done, all molars (my teef are like peanut brittle, they suck) and he's doing it all at once. I'm wondering, they only gave me tylenol 3 for pain afterwards, and since I'm a junkie, I'm wondering if I should get some oxycontins or morphine on my own for the pain. Tylenol 3 is like asprin as far as I'm concerned. Anybody ever have this done? Is the swelling bad?

Good thing is is I'll be taking 2 valiums to get me through the door, then the slap the nitrous mask on me and I'm thinking I'll just go astral during the procedure and return when it's all over. :thumb:

Whadaya think?

Kevin

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
My dad has a couple implants. He was in a tremendous amount of pain for a day after the surgery, and the narcotics made him pretty sick. However, he's happy he had it done.

splat

Nam I am
Knuck

I have had 1 done ( the top front tooth ) and I'm in the process of getting one of the Molars done. It is no fun, so say the least. I also had to have the bone grafts done. I chose the Mixture of Cow and Human bone. the worst part is it is such a long process. my front tooth all told took almost 18 months and the Molar so Far is looking like a year . I had the Tooth Pulled and Bone graft in april , the actual Implant Put in in September , and I am Looking at January , Early Feb , to Get the Temporary crown put on, than March to have the permenant crown put on. and Yeah its is expensive and Insurance doesn't cover ! my front tooth cost about $5500 and this molar is looking to be about the same.

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
So Spat, they charge you for a temp crown, then charge you for a permanent crown? Are they two separate things? Why not say screw the temporary crown and wait and go with the permanent crown? Maybe that's just a front tooth thing? They didn't mention anything about that. $5500? JESUS

They said about $1500 per crown for mine.

Kevin

Knuckleslammer said:
So Spat, they charge you for a temp crown, then charge you for a permanent crown? Are they two separate things? Why not say screw the temporary crown and wait and go with the permanent crown? Maybe that's just a front tooth thing? They didn't mention anything about that. $5500? JESUS

They said about $1500 per crown for mine.

Kevin
They put the temp plastic crown on while a lab's fabricating the "permanant" metal-based crown.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
johnbryanpeters said:
Hmmm... I have been putting off this procedure. Interesting conversation.
I have too. I split a tooth on a face plant, and a crown is gonna be $585 with insurance covering most of it, but I tried to get my other teeth whitened first and I couldn't handle that aparatus in my mouth for an hour, while the chick burned my gums with her little light saber... Gotta go back...

splat

Nam I am
johnbryanpeters said:
They put the temp plastic crown on while a lab's fabricating the "permanant" metal-based crown.
Bingo !

Well Almost , they first have to put in the Actual Post that sticks out from the Implat , then take impressions from that to frabricate the crown from , and so they putthe Temp plastic one on as to protect the Post . That also may have been because it was a front tooth.

the $5500 was for the Whole Process Graft/implant /crown

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
No implants yet. I have a bridge that will eventually have to be replaced by an implant, it’s a molar. I have crapcrap teeth and am lucky to have a few natural ones left. I have taken the initiative, at 34, to be extra proactive and signed up for Invisalign braces. Quite expensive but hopefully it will help keep my teeth health in the future.
I also have had stitches from impacted teeth that had to be removed. My experience wasn’t as bad as yours but similar.
Good luck!
tony

btw my sister had 2 molars done at the same time 10g for just the 2.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Polandspring88 said:
I was under the impression you were getting breast implants. That would be HOT.
I would contribute to the "Knucks Knockers Fund". Of course we would need pics.