Quantcast

IMPORTANT! Looking for Aaron, Post name "911"

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
Wow, beautiful story!! Reading the post from the beginning is like watching an episode of Colombo

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
Seriously, I would just get a copy of the police report, and some pictures of the bike.
Go meet he guy saying you are interested in it.
Once you look at it and confirm its yours pull out that documentation and tell the guy that it is your stolen bike and you are taking it. If he protests call the cops. He will either leave or start spitting out "I bought from some dude for $500 and don't remember who he was" or "I found it in some parking lot" or some other BS.
Either way, even if you don't have the serial number I highly doubt the guy is going to try to claim ownership. If you tell the cops you are willing to drop everything if you can walk away with the bike I bet he is willing to overlook the lack of serial number.

PS, dude looks like some wannabe thug so you might have a few of your rowdiest frinds or aquaintences accompany you.

PS, I see you are in a different state now, do you have any friends in the area that would be able to do this for you?
I would bet a few people from RM that don't even know you would be willing to do this just for fun...

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Hey, gun guys. Take it down a notch. We don't want to get this thread shut down because of your vigilantly fantasys.

Any luck on the serial yet?

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Wow, getting kinda uppity there TH.
Haha I know its all in good revenge fun, but I don't want some mod coming through here in a bad mood and deleting it. Sorry if it seemed harsh. I really just want to help get this guys bike back. Getting this thread shut down wouldn't be a step in the right direction.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I hear you all together TH.

However, I think we can all quietly nod our heads in agreement with the idea that bike thieves, especially ones brazen enough to try to kick it out to some other sucker over CL deserve every inch of what they get.

And now I will mention it no more.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
I've helped in the recovery of a stolen bike...........and it was pure luck everything went down on Craigslist.

Has anyone stopped and thought that years ago when Craigslist wasn't so big, how people found stolen bikes? It's almost like Craigslist was made to aide in this type of stuff. I'm sure most is legit, but morons post their stolen stuff on there and it helps tons.

I hope this guy gets his bike back. Even if he has moved on from it it's still his. The serial number thing brings up a good point. WRITE IT DOWN, and take a picture of it if you can. I keep these things in our safe so in case something like this comes up..........I have some more proof besides pictures that it's mine.

As much as vigilante justice seems fair............and most of it is all talk........I'd just go through the defunk justice system and let them deal with it. If I got it back.......that's the bottom line. If the guy stole it then he'll pay for it, weather it be by the police or karma in life. If he's that shady of a person I'm sure it won't be the first or last time he gets caught or gets busted.

Good luck! We need an update on what's happened since.