Quantcast

IMPORTANT! Looking for Aaron, Post name "911"

mt.reef

Chimp
Feb 26, 2008
Hi all!
I am looking for a guy named Aaron. His handle name is "911" and he has a NorCal image on his handle. He posted a thread about his stolen Yeti DH9 about 3 and a half years ago. Well, I am about 95% sure I found his bike. I saw it for sale online and it just looked stolen. So I did a quick google search for "stolen Yeti DH9" and came upon his post. I looked at all the parts he listed on the bike and they match totally. The bike for sale is missing some parts, and has a ****ty paint job with scratches in it where you can see the color of the frame is black. Also, the seller is close to the location Aaron's bike was ripped off from.

I tried the phone number Aaron listed in his post and couldn't get a hold of anyone, also the email he listed is no longer valid.

Does anyone here know Aaron or how to get a hold of him?

Here is the site of the original post by Aaron of his stolen bike:
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95074

And here is the site of the seller:
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/bik/581346677.html

Take a look, it looks to me like a match! Please, do not hound the seller, if it really is Aaron's stolen bike then the last thing we need is for the seller to get spooked. We need Aaron to confirm it and get the seller trapped.

ragin-sagin

Monkey
Oct 2, 2003
NZ
3 and a half years ago? They work must faster on CSI.

The bike looks like a spot on match though don't it?

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Wow hope that is it.

You might want to take down the CL ad and just PM it to the guy. Hopefully the seller wont take it down because of a bunch of hate emails before 911 gets a chance to see it.

NY_Star

Turbo Monkey
That has to be a match. It has a bad cover up pain job, GOLD Chris King, MRP, Hayes Rotors / Brake, Boxxer, Pushed RC, Easton Bars and Stem. It really sucks that you cant see the persons licence plate number. One thing is the person who stole it may have sold it right away.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
My suggestion would be to call Yeti and get them to contact him. They probably have the serial # on file from his purchase and you can give that to the police in the county where the seller is located.

Butch

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
i looked up that town and name in the white pages i found a house that may be his parents.... think its worth calling saying we found their sons stolen bike?

CA_Descender

Chimp
Nov 18, 2007
Simi, CA
If anyone has AOL instant messenger you could try and contact him that way "Aaron R UCSC" at least that is his AOL handle on his profile here.

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
If anyone has AOL instant messenger you could try and contact him that way "Aaron R UCSC" at least that is his AOL handle on his profile here.
Crap. Just tried and got an error message that he's "Unable to receive IM messages while offline"

PSP - good idea on calling his folks.

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
He moved out of Norcal a while back but I just gave his friend a call, he'll call Aaron and let him know. Good catch dude!

And let's not harrass the seller. For all we know he's the second or third owner of the bike since it was stolen and doesn't know any better.

mt.reef

Chimp
Feb 26, 2008
Right on guys! Thanks for jumping on this. We need to be urgent with this, I saw that the add was placed on Feb. 20th, so I am sure it will expire soon. Also, I sent the seller an email saying I was interested in buying the bike to try and keep him "around" and so far I have gotten no response. I think if we all come up with ideas and do things collectively we can get the job done. If I were to guess I would say that the seller is not the guy who stole it. However, it is pretty clear to see that this is a stolen rig. And if you can't figure that out when you buy a bike this obvious then I have no sympathy!

Monkey
He moved out of Norcal a while back but I just gave his friend a call, he'll call Aaron and let him know. Good catch dude!

And let's not harrass the seller. For all we know he's the second or third owner of the bike since it was stolen and doesn't know any better.
strange for the owner of a DH9, since the guy didn't know what the parts of the bike is and didn't know what to call the stancions of the fork, or what kind the plating on the boxxer is, and looks like the guy is just listing what he can read off the labels on the bike. I would think anyone who owns a bike like that would know the name of the parts of the bike, at least.

mt.reef

Chimp
Feb 26, 2008
Alright guys, this is getting urgent. We NEED to get a hold of Aaron soon. The seller called me back, FINALLY, to see if I am still interested in buying the bike. He left me a voice mail yesterday an dI have not called him back. Mostly because I do not want to get to involved because I don't know who I am dealing with. Ideally, I would like to get in touch with Aaron, or someone who knows him well, give him the seller's number, and that way I am now out of the loop. So, I guess if I don't hear anything from Aaron or someone who knows him soon then I will call the guy back and try and stall him for a bit. If anyone needs to get a hold of me fast, email me at dhbro1@yahoo.com.

Thanks everyone!

Monkey
Feb 28, 2002
Vail CO
Wow.... first of all I just want to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone, especially mt. reef. I can't believe you remembered my bike from years ago and were able to make the connection. Honestly that’s amazing.

Yes, that is my Yeti that was stolen August of 2004. I'm 100% sure of it. All the components are exactly the same as when it was stolen... literally all of them. The real giveaways are the TiNi Boxxer w/ aftermarket Romic top crown and the custom PUSH tuned shock.

I have contacted the Marin County Sheriff's Office and luckily they were able to locate the police report that was originally filed. The problem is that I never provided a serial number to the police, and now it’s been so long that I don’t have any of the info from the original purchase. Unfortunately, they’re telling me that even though I can produce photos of the original bike that show all the unique similarities, without the serial there’s no physical proof and not much they can do.

I’m going to try to get in touch with Yeti and see if they can help me track down the serial. I’m not sure how detailed their records are and how far back they go, but hopefully they can help.

Mt. Reef and anyone else who’s been in contact with the seller– please PM me and let me know what the status is on that front.

Thanks again to everyone. I haven’t been on RideMonkey in years so I apologize for being slow to respond. I’ll give you all an update once I get this resolved.

- Aaron (currently living in Colorado)

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
If the bike is somehow retrieved by the police I can maybe pick it up and ship it to Colorado. I drive through Novato all the time, and I manage the shipping here at work - cheap Fedex yo.

I can pack a bike very well too - (ex shop wrench).

:D

IVCrider

Chimp
Jun 24, 2006
In Traffic
Hey I live in Novato, and have never seen that bike on the local trails. If someone that is in contact the the "seller" and has his name, pm me and I might be able to get you an address.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Wow I hope Yeti can help out with the serial number. That would be so awesome to get the bike back man. I hope the people in contact with the guy can stall it long enough so you can get the serial thing worked out.

Here is all the Yeti contact info I could get I highly recommend calling them directly to get in contact asap):

* Phone. (303) 278-6909
* Toll Free. (888) 576-9384
* Fax. (303) 278-6906

Customer Service email - yetiservice@yeticycles.com
Warranty Service - warranty@yeticycles.com

dh gangster

Monkey
Jul 31, 2006
P en Doubleyou
yeah my brother and I had our bikes stolen in 2004 as well. Maybe if i had made a post on ridemonkey they would've been found!
This is really cool, ridemonkey justice.

Monkey
Feb 28, 2002
Vail CO
Thanks again to everyone who has offerend to help out. I'm going to call Yeti first thing in the morning.