Quantcast

Important question: what’s the plural of sloe gin fizz?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Sloe gin fizzes?
Sloe gin fizzi?
Sloe gins fizz?

Whatever, I ran out of Hendrick’s but found a bottle of Sloe Gin in the cabinet. Mixed 1:1 with tonic water, squeezed in a lime wedge and a couple of mandarin orange sections and viola. Delicious. Citrus.

Perfect for quarantine drinking in a snowstorm on the first day of spring.

6BB84D94-3E1D-4D18-A829-76D64DFE6BB9.jpeg

Last edited:

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
https://lmgtfy.com/?q=+ What+is+the+plural+of+gin+fizz?

The noun gin fizz can be countable or uncountable.

In more general, commonly used, contexts, the plural form will also be gin fizz.

However, in more specific contexts, the plural form can also be gin fizzes e.g. in reference to various types of gin fizzes or a collection of gin fizzes.

Examples
He did, however, ordering apple pie and ice cream and a gin fizz to come.
Political comic Will Durst thinks Bush is making less sense than a polar bear sipping a sloe gin fizz on a lawn chair.
It offered eight different choices, including classics such as whiskey sour and gin fizz.

ETA:

Last edited:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
https://lmgtfy.com/?q=+ What+is+the+plural+of+gin+fizz?

The noun gin fizz can be countable or uncountable.

In more general, commonly used, contexts, the plural form will also be gin fizz.

However, in more specific contexts, the plural form can also be gin fizzes e.g. in reference to various types of gin fizzes or a collection of gin fizzes.

Examples
He did, however, ordering apple pie and ice cream and a gin fizz to come.
Political comic Will Durst thinks Bush is making less sense than a polar bear sipping a sloe gin fizz on a lawn chair.
It offered eight different choices, including classics such as whiskey sour and gin fizz.

ETA:
Are your ears burning? The ladyfriend And I are currently drinking at the kitchen table and discussing a redux Montaña trip.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
you ever hear of a "ramos gin fizz"?
when I was working in Vegas one of my team was drinking them often. It's like a nice drink with an egg white :twitch:

reminds me of that Dave Attell joke.
"wtf is with eggnog? It's like, hey I'd like a drink but I'd also like some pancakes."