Quantcast

Important Question

MountainGuru

Chimp
Feb 28, 2017
Have you made any headway regarding whether to go with a hardtail or a full suspension bike? I don't think it's a terribly important distinction at this point; you just need to get something that fits well and ride it for a couple of years, at which point you'll have a better idea of what you want. At the end of the day, it ain't the bike, it's the rider.
Yes, I am thinking about getting a hardtail, just so i can get the same level techs as a full sus for cheaper. And all the reviews i've seen i feel like hardtails are more of my style

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I was not a fan of the deflection. If I could have had the internals from the Shiver in the housing of my Dorado* I would have loved it.
*I eventually got the full oil internals from an engineer friend at Manitou, so that made everything about it better.
I loved the old TPC+ internals. Keep them lubed and don't fret the gradual loss of lube oil, and all is well.

The dorado sc was much better than the shiver SC. The shiver sc was not in any way superior to a conventional fork...