Quantcast

Imus

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
i didnt read all of that, but basically you are wanting to be offended... right?
During that same season, I also rode with another coach, who was white and rather racist. He would often say the N-word, and I remember one telling incident when he and his son were rooting for John Stockon in a three-point shooting contest, simply because he was white.

But one thing which struck me was that he never talked badly about the kids or their parents at any time. He was a very respectful man in that regard.

He had one story where he was doing some work at a Vietnamese guy's house, and he kept wanting to say "gook". Most of the team was there with their fathers, and it was a pretty funny and raucous story. Finally, I nodded and he said "that gook was so......", followed by huge laughter from everyone listening, including me.

Did he hate Asians? No, unless driving an Asian around and inviting him over to his Superbowl party was the way he expressed his bigotry.

I mention that story to inform you that I am not offended by racist comments or bigots. Everyone has a background and experiences which shape how they think and behave, and I respect that.

But I am offended by stupidity, and Imus' idiotic comments and your attempt to bait me do bother me.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
let me throw this out: you flippantly remark about a certain group & they get outraged. of which would you be most fearful for your physical safety for you & your family:
  • jews
  • gays
  • handicapped
  • veterans
  • blacks

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
let me throw this out: you flippantly remark about a certain group & they get outraged. of which would you be most fearful for your physical safety for you & your family:
  • jews
  • gays
  • handicapped
  • veterans
  • blacks
That all depends:

Am I at a convention of militia members?

Am I a Palestinian?

Am I in a crosswalk with Stephen Hawking behind the wheel of his van?

Am I at a bear convention?

Are there blacks at any of said places?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
  • jews
  • gays
  • handicapped
  • veterans
  • blacks
The fvcking handicapped!

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
That all depends:

Am I at a convention of militia members?

Am I a Palestinian?

Am I in a crosswalk with Stephen Hawking behind the wheel of his van?

Am I at a bear convention?

Are there blacks at any of said places?
oh yes, sorry; context:

you're doing a cattle drive in the ghanges during holy week & you just ate 4 bowls of warm cabbage stew w/ motzah. you have fistulas from being on the dl.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
My mate Kevin is black and he reckons white America is f*cked up. He told me he never wants to go back as he's sick and tired of dealing with arseholes all the time. I thought that was pretty sad but this thread has helped me understand what he was talking about.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
LO, making up a "deleted post" is kinda low, since nobody but the mods can possibly know if it's true. Let's try not to antagonize, eh? ;)

Friggin' sneaky jews :rant:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
i usually listen to this wretched old man between 6-7 when he's usually the most vile.

what's crazy is, the nappy headed remark pales in comparison to the stuff he and his crew say about everybody and everything on a daily basis.

and i like how sharpton and jackson climb out from under their rocks every time someone says anything like this.
two more racists clowns than these two would be hard to find.

i watched an hour of imus this morning.
talk about a full sniveling breakdown.
they need to get that guy off the air for two weeks just so he can get off the self pity train.

and ohio, i agree with your "waiting to be offended" remark.
far too many people are making a living off of that.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
clearly, imus is lacking the proper education on this very sensitive cultural issue. he should update his amazon wishlist.

is 'amazon' racist in this context? i should consult the archive just to be sure

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
just in case we forgot what sharpton's true colors really look like:

and of course, its proper context

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Well, at least Al & Jessie know racial bias when they sees it:

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/LarryElder/2006/08/10/hey,_hollywood,_what_about_liberal_anti-semitism

And what about the entertainment industry's acceptance of Revs. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, despite their anti-Semitic remarks? Jackson, of course, called Jews "Hymie," and New York City "Hymietown" -- while sober -- and initially denied making the slurs. Jackson's friend, the anti-Semitic Minister Louis Farrakhan, threatened the life of the reporter who "outed" Jackson, and publicly warned Jews not to harm Jackson. Despite pleas to do so, Jackson to this day refuses to condemn Farrakhan, a man who once called Judaism a "gutter religion." CNN later awarded Jackson a television show called "Both Sides with Jesse Jackson." Not bad.

Sharpton referred to Jews as "diamond merchants" during an uprising in the Crown Heights area of New York, and said, "If the Jews want to get it on, tell them to pin their yarmulkes back and come over to my house." William Morris, one of Hollywood's most powerful agencies, began representing Sharpton in 2004, and almost immediately landed him a hosting gig for a cable network reality show called "I Hate My Job." TV One now airs Sharpton's show "Sharp Talk," and some Hollywood trade papers recently reported on plans for Sharpton to play himself in a CBS sitcom called "Al in the Family."

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
My mate Kevin is black and he reckons white America is f*cked up. He told me he never wants to go back as he's sick and tired of dealing with arseholes all the time. I thought that was pretty sad but this thread has helped me understand what he was talking about.
how's japan's racial climate?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
do you people realize how much restraint it's taking for me to not start a 'nappy-headed hos in combat' thread?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
So, I like Chinese.
I like Chinese.
They only come up to your knees,
Yet they're wise and they're witty, and they're ready to please.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
anyone who watches that show knows that he's a wrinkled up old prune, who can't lift his arms over his head, or take five steps without an oxygen bottle to nip on.

i say, put him in a locker room with those players and let em mop the floor with him.

we'll see who emerges "nappy headed."

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
i like how she suggested to call her (ann coulter) a 'ho' might be funny.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Am i the only person who had NO IDEA who this ass was until he said this?

Granted, I don't listen to talk radio and I don't watch a whole lot of MSNBC, but I had never even heard of him.

Guess I wasn't missing much anyway.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Looks like the asshats got their wish. Imus is fired.

I guess there is no more free speech in America. There are words that whites can't use but blacks can, but if whites try to say there's something blacks can't say, it becomes a "racist problem". Instead of moving towards being a cohesive society and putting our differences aside, asshole "leaders" like Al Sharpton and all the whiny people who think they're entitled to something are just driving a wedge between races. There's no protection of unpopular speech anymore, unless it's a black person saying it. When they can talk about niggas and hoes, f**k tha police and kill the white man, it's all ok. There's nothing wrong with that and there's never outrage. But make a slightly inappropriate racial joke with no intended hate behind it, more of just a ballbuster kind of joke, and suddenly you're the next grand wizard. A black criminal beats up a 90 year old white woman and an 85 year old white woman and we call it crime. If a white man beat up a 90 and 85 year old black woman, it would be a hate crime. Incredible.

There is such an awful double standard in this country, and its propagated by this bizarre white guilt that has become fashionable in the past few years and by black "leaders" focusing on insignificant racial issues instead of dealing with the problems within their own race.

I never was a fan of Imus, nor did I find him funny. But goddamnit, he didn't do anything that warranted him losing his livelihood. I really just don't understand why there's such a double standard where there is "black lingo" that we're not allowed to use, but they can sling around nonchalantly. It boggles my mind. I guess being "progressive" means limiting our rights for the betterment of minorities.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Yeah that's retarded. I've heard Howard Stern say WAY worse things than that....

I wonder what his repsonse will be. I know he hated Imus for whatever reasons. But being the champion of free seech that he is, I wonder if his reaction will be any more than gloating....

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Yeah that's retarded. I've heard Howard Stern say WAY worse things than that....

I wonder what his repsonse will be. I know he hated Imus for whatever reasons. But being the champion of free seech that he is, I wonder if his reaction will be any more than gloating....
For once, I really think Canada is looking good.

F'ing spineless pussies and their liberal white guilt are destroying this country.