Quantcast

in a few hours im flying to Gloucester, MA...

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Well not "flying" to Gloucester, im actually flying into Boston. Eitherway i am going there on business for the whole week. Does anyone know anything to do in Gloucester? Anything would help...:cool:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Well not "flying" to Gloucester, im actually flying into Boston. Eitherway i am going there on business for the whole week. Does anyone know anything to do in Gloucester? Anything would help...:cool:
UGH :dead: no weds. ride eh? :rolleyes: I think I remember hearing that from the other day...

how was the rest of the B-day Weekend? I posted the link to my Photobucket of your B-day ride... on the morning post!

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
hahaha nice brungeman, someday when you get older ill show you how to use image tags ;). Speeking of sweet things i might be buying a 10d today...

Yeah no wed night rides for me this week. Campagne the park solo man. Man up!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
hey - there's a great restaurant called the Franklin Cafe in gloucester. well, i've not actually been to that location, but i can certainly vouch for the original one in boston's south end. awesome bistro food, very reasonably priced.

there's some good riding in gloucester but you probably won't have yr bike w/ you. you can do some hiking though. check out the dogtown or ravenswood areas. or plum island off newburyport isn't too far either (north of gloucester/cape ann).

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
narlus said:
hey - there's a great restaurant called the Franklin Cafe in gloucester. well, i've not actually been to that location, but i can certainly vouch for the original one in boston's south end. awesome bistro food, very reasonably priced.

there's some good riding in gloucester but you probably won't have yr bike w/ you. you can do some hiking though. check out the dogtown or ravenswood areas. or plum island off newburyport isn't too far either (north of gloucester/cape ann).
Really!?! What kind of riding is it? I wont have my bike with me but im sort of scouting for places to check out this summer, i would like to do the "nam" some day. I will def check out the restraunt (food is on the company ;) )

I believe i am staying right on the bay so it should be a cool trip, aside from the 20 F temp.:mumble:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
here's the only dogtown pic i could find on the web:

tons of rocks here...some really fun xc stuff.

'nam is a fair distance from gloucester, but if you do have a bike when you are back here, give me a shout because there's a lot of good riding on boston's north shore.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
narlus said:
here's the only dogtown pic i could find on the web:

tons of rocks here...some really fun xc stuff.

'nam is a fair distance from gloucester, but if you do have a bike when you are back here, give me a shout because there's a lot of good riding on boston's north shore.
Looks decent, actually alot like Western PA riding. I like anything with the words "north shore" in it :thumb:.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Gloucester has good restaurants (Franklin, Sugar Magnolias for breakfast) and great bars. Don't go to the Crow's Nest or Saint Peters Club though, the fisherman will eat your metero ass for lunch. You can also use the commuter rail to get into Boston.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
narlus said:

I second checking out Newburyport and Plum Island. I used to spend a lot of time there.

Edit: Not sure what they're like in the winter though.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
dan-o said:
Gloucester has good restaurants (Franklin, Sugar Magnolias for breakfast) and great bars. Don't go to the Crow's Nest or Saint Peters Club though, the fisherman will eat your metero ass for lunch. You can also use the commuter rail to get into Boston.
That is what i wanted to hear. As for the fisherman, i can hang with the best of them, ill order a couple of shots of whiskey and they will get over it.

What bars do you recomend?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
narlus said:
go to that one which was in _The Perfect Storm_ and continually ask questions about the movie, to anyone within earshot. they like that.
That's the Crow's Nest. Make sure to wear a Greenpeace t-shirt and talk about your quest to end commercial fishing.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
splat said:
Well, what size Bike do you ride ? if you wanted to do Nam , and willing to make the drive down ( its about 1 1/2 hrs) I'd show you around, may be doing a cold Thursday Night ride this week.
Bill, take Splat up on this... if you have seen the photos of places he rides!!!

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
narlus said:
go to that one which was in _The Perfect Storm_ and continually ask questions about the movie, to anyone within earshot. they like that.
hahhahaha figured they love that...dont worry im not a tourist, i like to hit the local type spots...

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
splat said:
Well, what size Bike do you ride ? if you wanted to do Nam , and willing to make the drive down ( its about 1 1/2 hrs) I'd show you around, may be doing a cold Thursday Night ride this week.
OH MAN! I would have taken you up on that, I am flying out on thursday eve/afternoon...I am already at work and dont have my riding gear...

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
manhattanprjkt83 said:
hahhahaha figured they love that...dont worry im not a tourist, i like to hit the local type spots...
yeah but with your camera, and a burghese accent N'@ No I'm no tourist!!!:rolleyes:

J/K

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Sucks the place is going to be coverd in snow :mumble:
The snow is going to be very minimal. I don't know how much Gloucester got, but if its anything like the Cape then they got nothing. In Worcester, where we usually get it dumped on us, we have just a light covering on the ground. Whatever snow is here should melt within a few days.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
well i'm not too far from gloucester (30 min inland) and we probably got close to 6" when it was all over. it's freezing cold though. bring a warm hat and some gloves if you plan on walking around outside.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
narlus said:
well i'm not too far from gloucester (30 min inland) and we probably got close to 6" when it was all over. it's freezing cold though. bring a warm hat and some gloves if you plan on walking around outside.
:stupid:

I just walked down to the post office, and my face almost froze solid. It's unbeliveably cold out, like a -15 to -20 windchill. :dead:

Snow cover really varies. I'm suprised to hear there's 6" on the North Shore. Maybe a 1/2 inch where I live and an inch at Borderland yesterday, and a lot of it melted after the sun came out.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
berkshire_rider said:
:stupid:

I just walked down to the post office, and my face almost froze solid. It's unbeliveably cold out, like a -15 to -20 windchill. :dead:

Snow cover really varies. I'm suprised to hear there's 6" on the North Shore. Maybe a 1/2 inch where I live and an inch at Borderland yesterday, and a lot of it melted after the sun came out.
great, im looking forward to this hahahah...its not to warm in pittsburgh either...

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
stinkyboy said:
I got rerouted through there (and it did suck) on my way to Phoenix from Atlanta. WTF?! And is was 9/10/01...
hahaha the airport isnt that bad...its just that i am sitting here with another hour and half til my plain leaves...

WHAT BEER SHOULD I DRINK?

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Get a double for a dollar more!

That view is all I ever saw of Pittsburg. I was going to go into town and go to Dirt Rag and punch the art director, but I didn't have time...

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
stinkyboy said:
Get a double for a dollar more!

That view is all I ever saw of Pittsburg. I was going to go into town and go to Dirt Rag and punch the art director, but I didn't have time...
Totally agree with that one, dirt rag is actually out of town...The art scema sucks...

I cant complain too much they are going to publish some photos of mine...

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
mtbtom said:
Sorry to hear that "work" is getting in the way of riding...

If you like rocks there's some nice trails up around those parts...

What kind of business takes you to Gloucester - fishsticks ? :-)

For bars I like Halibut Point - it's downtown. PM me if you ever want to ride up that way. narlus will l tell you I am a certified trail yoda in that region .
I work for American Eagle Outfitters (corporate office), a software vendor we use is located there so i am going up to get trained on some stuff...

Drinking Guiness in the airport rigfht now...WiFi w00t w00t.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
you gotta check out woodmans(in essex i believe) if you like fried seafood. :drool: also, you can hike in lynn woods if you would like to check out some riding areas. it is currently closed to bikes but you can still hike there if you want to. if you go park at the main lot which is right next to some ballfields. then keep to the right of the pond when heading into there and you shall find the good stuff.