Quantcast

in a tight spot

racer661

Chimp
Oct 31, 2007
hey guys, i just got back from canada and thought i had a ride all the way back to my car but im not gonna name names but they kinda backed out and im stuck in cary, nc and need to get to charlotte,nc to get back to my car with my bike and stuff from the trip does anyone know what would be my best bet? if somone is going that way today i could pay for gas and food, im in a tight spot and were im at i cant stay long casue i kinda got left here. if anyone could help that would be awsome!. my name is ethan, i dont have my phone on me though thats also in charlotte. but il be checking this all day. thanks again

ethan quehl

racer661

Chimp
Oct 31, 2007
so far ive tried the train and buses, the train i couldnt get on with my bike and bags, and the isnt a bus that i could find that went that far.

mtbman1127

Monkey
Mar 10, 2008
Raleigh, NC
You got a bike start pedaling.....

No really that sucks man! i would take you but i'm not headed back that direction till next Monday and i doubt that would help you out any...

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
Ahhhhh! Ethan is going to be stuck at my house for all of eternity! :shocked:

Anyway, if anybody can help out this kid give me a call at 9193570942 since he doesn't have a cell phone.
-Craig

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Do I have to do everything around here? :D

Greyhound baggage restrictions:

* One (1) piece of baggage is checked free of charge for adults and children. One (1) additional piece of baggage may be checked for a charge of $10.00 for adults only. Baggage carried beyond two (2) pieces will be charged based on Greyhound Package Express rates. One (1) small bag up to 25 pounds can be taken aboard for each adult or child. Carry-on bags must fit in the overhead compartment or under your seat.
* The maximum allowable weight for checked baggage is 50 lbs. per individual piece of baggage. A charge of $25 - $35 (depending on the distance traveled) will be charged for any baggage above the 50 lbs. limit.
* Baggage must not exceed 62 inches when adding the total exterior dimensions of the piece (length + width + height). A charge of $25 - $35 (depending on the distance traveled) will be applied to any baggage above the 62-inch limit.
o Packaging only exceptions to the following items: bicycles, skis and ski poles must be packed in wood, canvas or other substantial container, and securely fastened; towing equipment must be enclosed in rigid containers or wrapped in a strong material such as canvas and securely strapped or tied. Towing equipment is limited to 100 pounds actual weight; these items are not exempt from oversize charges.
* If bags exceed maximum size and/or weight, customers must ship the item via Greyhound PackageXpress.

Acceptable Types of Baggage
In general, acceptable baggage includes suitcases, duffel bags, toolboxes, trunks and securely tied cardboard boxes. A plastic and/or a paper bag is not acceptable as checked baggage. Shipping containers are available for a nominal fee at many terminals.

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
Do I have to do everything around here? :D
haha thanks for the help man, sorry for bothering you though. but ive got a bag thats 72inches and a bike thats over sized plus 2 sets of wheels. so i guess greyhood/ bus travel is out of the question......

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
haha thanks for the help man, sorry for bothering you though. but ive got a bag thats 72inches and a bike thats over sized plus 2 sets of wheels. so i guess greyhood/ bus travel is out of the question......
Why don't you just pay the extra $25 per bag? It sucks but at least you get back to your car. Either that or hop out on I-40 and start hitching. ;)

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
Why don't you just pay the extra $25 per bag? It sucks but at least you get back to your car. Either that or hop out on I-40 and start hitching. ;)
haha i would, but im broke as hell right now. i might have just enough for the ticket over there, and i need the card for gas.... so im in quite a perdicament or how ever u spell it

racer661

Chimp
Oct 31, 2007
ight i finally found a ride thanks to everyone that helped out, my aunt is comming out from ft. bragg so i should be in charlotte later tonight.
thanks again everyone

OB1

Monkey
Man....last second scrable for Snowshoe, now stuck in Cary after 30+hrs of Bromont driving. You should be a party planner for lazy masochists. Wait....yeah, that kind of works. Why don't you just hang out down here for a couple days til Beech...then hitch a ride home with any one of the Ashvilliatites.....Ashvilians.....guys from Ashville.

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
Man....last second scrable for Snowshoe, now stuck in Cary after 30+hrs of Bromont driving. You should be a party planner for lazy masochists. Wait....yeah, that kind of works. Why don't you just hang out down here for a couple days til Beech...then hitch a ride home with any one of the Ashvilliatites.....Ashvilians.....guys from Ashville.
that sounds like a prime idea ethan, but your probably gone,
next time get on ride monkey when you want to ride
and not hitch a ride home:D