Quantcast

In an effort to be more like TJ....

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
The Team Pro. I had to either buy my team bike or give it back, and the Fuji was a bit cheaper, so I went for it.

Should be a sweet bike to get me through the winter. :rockout:

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
Ultegra? Why no dur-ahhh-chey?
Cause I don't like that Eyetalian crap. :brow:

Actually because it was cheaper; I EP'd this through my "shop." This bike's only really going to be used as a winter training bike(and some early season races) until we get our team bikes next year. This was about 100 bucks cheaper than buying my used and beaten team bike from this year, so I pulled the trigger.

Besides, I'm saving $$ for a new XC race bike. It'll probably match this bike, or at least be close: http://fujibikes.com/2007/bikes.asp?id=303&subcat=2

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
I think I am going to talk to a rep about Fuji for Tri and TT bikes next week. I will also consider an Outland for me. I do have an 08 FSR Stumpy coming for the test center, so having a 25 lb suspension bike at my disposal may keep me from buying anything just yet.

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
i will more than likely have on of these this winter :

http://fujibikes.com/2007/bikes.asp?id=302&subcat=2

almost pulled the trigger on a Outland RC but i always seem to gravitate back to a hardtail
:disgust1: If I had an extra 700$, I'd so go for it.

Also, just got back from a ride on the new beast. I love it. Sooooo much smoother than my CAAD 9, but not quite as snappy. Though I figure the slower acceleration is due to the somewhat heavy wheels(The Williams 30's I had on my other bike were a pound lighter).

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
The heavy wheels will just make for better training :). If you are looking for a realatively light, inexpensive wheelset, the Ritchey WCS is a good bang for the buck (exp if you can get them at cost thru your shop)

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
I was happy with my CAAD9, thought it made an awesome crit bike.and the SIX13 was a great rr bike. But once Fuji came on board and i got the SL1 i couldn't be happier. If i wasn't on a Fuji i would still be on a 'Dale for sure .