Quantcast

"in association with GrindTV and Yahoo sports"

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
question....do mods have a vested interest in this site or are they all just stand up citizens who want to patrol the boards? I have never known how any of that works.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
question....do mods have a vested interest in this site or are they all just stand up citizens who want to patrol the boards? I have never known how any of that works.
Mr. Bishop is only in it for the booze, broads and bling bling.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
None of the mods have a real vested interest in the site other than the basic interest in the community being successful.

Now that there's a company behind us, there are some jobs (there's a managing editor, a PHP guy, etc.) but they're at a corporate level for multiple sites - there is no "Ridemonkey moderator payroll" or anything of any substantial incentive.

Just the purest love of oppressing the first amendment rights of you obnoxious dillholes :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
None of the mods have a real vested interest in the site other than the basic interest in the community being successful.

Now that there's a company behind us, there are some jobs (there's a managing editor, a PHP guy, etc.) but they're at a corporate level for multiple sites - there is no "Ridemonkey moderator payroll" or anything of any substantial incentive.

Just the purest love of oppressing the first amendment rights of you obnoxious dillholes :D
Don't forget the free exposure your fluffing business gets.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Don't forget the free exposure your fluffing business gets.
That's why I said there's no substantial incentive. Of course, there are little fringe benefits.

And let me tell you, the RM members that have inquired about my services have been very, very insubstantial.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO

I knew a girl who was a paid moderator on Disney's site. You should go on strike. ;):D

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I knew a girl who was a paid moderator on Disney's site. You should go on strike. ;):D
Yes, well, when we're grossing one tenth of one percent of what Disney grosses in a year, I will demand a 100k/year salary for my administrative duties. And I will demand that we send free beer, once a month, to contributing members.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
We have a vested interest in laughing at members when we delete their posts or ban them without telling them why. :weee: