Quantcast

In Baltimore for the summer

WSU DH'er

Monkey
Nov 28, 2003
Fayetteville, NC
Hey All,

Good to see the forum is up again. I'm in baltimore this summer for an internship but whould like to check out some of the local riding. I'm thinking of heading somewhere this comming weekend. Anyone in the area planning anything, or anyone else interested in heading up to Diablo (I might head up that way if I don't see anything else happening).

Hope to meet some of the fellow eastern monkeys,

WSU DH'er

Monkey
Nov 28, 2003
Fayetteville, NC
where is wisp (is it a larger resort style race or a smaller local style? I'm definately interested in either) where are you from? I'd be interested in carpooling with others, my car or yours...

Hooj Choons

Chimp
Apr 24, 2006
Reopened...for now.
www.wispresort.com not too much info on the race in there but there is a thread and someone will chime in with all the info. I believe it's about 3 hours..not really sure but it sounds about right. I'm outside of Baltimore.

I wouldn't call it a BIG race, esp. since it'll be opening weekend at Snowshoe and the U.S. Open at Diabo but I could be wrong and they might have a good turnout.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
This weekend is the Wisp series. I am going to be coming up through your neck of the woods in my truck. I might have two younger riders with me, but for some reason I kind of doubt that they're going to show.

I am not a huge fan of opening weekends. When it is really working on the big bike, running over people is sometimes considered rude.

If you want to hook up I am rolling through Friday on my way up. I am going to leave here around 12, which puts me up by you around 4'ish. I will have room in the bed of the truck if you want to chuck your bike in. I think I am getting a hotel room if I have the $$$ in the bank.

Hooj Choons

Chimp
Apr 24, 2006
Reopened...for now.
All info..

4 race series at Wisp Resort, MD

DH and 4x

Registration 8am - 10am
Practice 10am - 12:30pm
Race 1pm

Classes
"Men, Women and Juniors"

Fees
DH $35
4x $25
Both $50

Dates
5/27 DH only
7/15
8/5
9/16 (finals)

Event prizes include Gear, Apparel and much more!
100% cash pay back to pro division.

Roodle

Chimp
Apr 24, 2006
Rockville, MD
Diablo is about 3hr 45mins from Baltimore, MattH.

We're talking about a trip some time this summer for sure, on the cheap with a lot of people if you're interested......I just hope it doesn't rain or get too cold or cloudy or....

How's your nose? My headache only subsided this afternoon. ;)

Matt H

Monkey
Aug 8, 2005
Maryland (Baltimore area)
Roodle said:
How's your nose? My headache only subsided this afternoon. ;)
Yeah keep me in the loop on the Diablo trip...

The nose is still a little tender, but structurally sound. Of all the ways to fall on stairs....nose first?? Some of the things I get into....