Quantcast

In bmx tracks: BMXers racing, (56k warning)

XBGM3R

Chimp
Sep 2, 2006
SacHOOD
I acknowledge this BMX/Jumping forums, You guys who aren't interesting in BMX racing's topic. You do prefer someone post about Dirt Jumping or something.. But I like to post those pictures, it make senses to me!.. :brows:

Anyway, I actually am myself BMX Cruiser 24" racing (as group of age: 30-35 Cruiser) also...

Last Wedesnday, I attend BMX racing at Local Track from Roseville, CA (NOR*CAL).. BMXers just came down there to practice for their prepare racing this weekends.

CON'T

XBGM3R

Chimp
Sep 2, 2006
SacHOOD

Those took by my Sweet CANON 30D SLR!!

I will not go to racing this weekend, because I did not practice for two weeks... Even though I will shoot bmx racing this weekends.. exciting!!

I curiously am wondering anyone of you who involve bmx racing on bmx track???

ENJOY STAY!

thanks! :biggrin:

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Nice pics. I've been hitting the local track 2x a week for the last couple of weeks. It's great fun but pretty tough coming from a DH and XC background. Those little kids smoke my ass.

XBGM3R

Chimp
Sep 2, 2006
SacHOOD
theres a crew of us here in south lake tahoe that race our mountain bikes in the cruiser class. come on up for a sunday race soemtime.
oh really? Sou-Tahoe has bmx track? I will come up there for sure.. I need S. Tahoe's local address.. :)

Yeah I see that one MTB race in the cruiser class.. see the picture below:

He just practiced as warm up before start to racing

DUKESofTAH0E

Monkey
Mar 27, 2006
northstar
south tahoe bmx is having their breast cancer fun rasier double points race tomorrow sunday the 8th. raffle with all sorts of good prizes, BBQ, and fun racing. south tahoe's track is located off lyons ave. turn right off of lyons into the elementry school parking lot and the track is on your right.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
I don't mean to sound like a jerk but the first batch of shots look like they came from a camera phone, some of the others are a little better but most of them are far from sharp. The 30D isn't a point and shoot, it will let you take crappy pictures if you aren't paying attention to what you are doing. That camera should be capable of shooting high ISOs without too much noise, while it's not preferrable to shot at 1600, in low light sometimes it's the best you can do. For hand held and especially action shots you want your shutter speed to be well above 1/100th of a second. Open up the aperture or raise the ISO setting to bring shutter speeds up. If you've got a tripod carry that and use it, from the pictures you've posted I wouldn't say that you are one that can hand hold long exposures. I have no idea what lens you are using but zooming out and moving closer to the subject will reduce camera shake as well. Watch out for dirt on your lens or filter, I carry a brush in my camera bag and dust off my filter frequently when I'm shooting in dusty areas, there are a couple of shots above where the sky is dark and you can see lots of spots in what should be a dark sky, that is either dust on the lens or on the sensor, that needs to be cleaned off, it's very distracting.