Quantcast

in buy and sell, why not add a 'trade' section

scintst

Chimp
Aug 20, 2002
Toronto
RM - just a thought, but since the categories are becoming, well, categorized anyways... why not add a section for people who got stuff but just want different stuff in trade, a 'trade only' section, if you will. i, for example, have 5 nickels that i would gladly exchange for a quarter :D

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Originally posted by scintst
RM - just a thought, but since the categories are becoming, well, categorized anyways... why not add a section for people who got stuff but just want different stuff in trade, a 'trade only' section, if you will. i, for example, have 5 nickels that i would gladly exchange for a quarter :D
Can't the title of the post jsut say ex: Trade: Azonic DS-1 frame for wheel set or other..................

Or somethig to let people know you are wanted to trade.

scintst

Chimp
Aug 20, 2002
Toronto
sure it could and most people already do that - the thing is, one needs to surf through all the other stuff for sale to see the 'trade' stuff.... not a huge deal. it just made sense yesterday when i was wondering if i'd be better off trading my XC bike for something i needed instead of trying to sell it. again - it was just a thought... if not a well-thought out one.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
People are always looking to trade........even in the buy and sell (really just a forum dedicated to putting people in touch with other people looking to make a transaction)

Put up your bike (with a trade caption) and see what happens Or if you see somethig you feel would be good for a trade......offer them (via PM if you feel like it) I have seen many others stating that they do not want to trade for anything......that is a clue that they are looking for cash. It is always worth it to ask.........since it is free. :D

Oh, try searching from the word "trade" on the Buy and sell forum. It might help zoom in on people that have let it be known they are willing to trade.

Good luck,

Rhino

scintst

Chimp
Aug 20, 2002
Toronto
fair enough advice Rhino and I agree with your comments - i've searched with the word 'trade' and found more than a few interesting things in there. perhaps i should post a pic of my XC bike and see what it's worth, in trade, to someone - cheers