Quantcast

in charlotte for the summer

srphillips89

Monkey
Jan 29, 2006
Boone NC
I'm going to be staying in Charlotte Mon- Fri during the summer. Where are some good places to ride? Trails, dirt jumps, bmx and that sort of stuff. I'll be staying a few exits down from the Poplar Tent/Beech Springs trail. And are there any good bike shops in the area?

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
bike line at the university is a cool shop. as far as djs and stunts, there's some stuff going up at UNCC from what I hear. you may want to post on bikepasa.com or tarheeltrailblazers.com. Grayson Skatepark is all concrete and has a huge bowl. It's fixing to become available to bikers. I hear it is absolutely huge, haven't seen it for myself...

Good trails in Charlotte = 85 west to 321 north to 40 west. No, just kidding. For trails I would say Poplar Tent is good, Anne Springs in Fort Mill, Renaissance Park, Francis Beaty Park, and if Catawba ever opens again (whitewater park is being built on this property, and "the word on the street" is that the trails and DS are suppose to be available/open to the public again this summer. You will get arrested if you ride there now!!). Check out tarheeltrailblazers.com for more.

BMX would be Hornets Nest with practice on Tuesday Nights from 6pm til dark. Dirt Jumps, probably PEE WEE's in Lincolnton (about a 40 minute drive) - there is also some shore stuff there as well.