Quantcast

In Gig Harbor, WA for a week; wut to do???

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Spending a few days in Gig Harbor, WA in July and planning on going up to Vancouver for maybe a day or two.

For Monkeys-n-teh-noe, wut's on the "must do" list for Gig Harbor/Vancouver?

Beer?
Biking?
Yadda?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Drive out to Olympic NP.

Drive across the Narrows to Tacoma and then immediately head north to Seattle?

Actually, downtown Tacoma is up the upswing. Light rail from Tacoma Dome to downtown, etc.

Gig Harbor itself isn't a place that I ever went to visit, specifically--it just was somewhere where people that I knew lived.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Drive out to Olympic NP.

Drive across the Narrows to Tacoma and then immediately head north to Seattle?

Actually, downtown Tacoma is up the upswing. Light rail from Tacoma Dome to downtown, etc.

Gig Harbor itself isn't a place that I ever went to visit, specifically--it just was somewhere where people that I knew lived.
Head west to Shi Shi beach, it never disapoints.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
d00d, I live in Albuquerque. Ever see "Breaking Bad."

Yeah, we're visiting friends in the area.
Forgot, you'll feel right at home then.

I'd recommend the Oly coast or Seattle. If you make it up to Seattle I'd recommend heading out to Browers in Fremont. They have a beer list that is spectacular at great prices. There are also more microbreweries in a two mile radius than you can visit in a day not to mention a micro-distillery and a chocolate factory.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Bringing your bike? Green mountain is a fun AM/xc ride with more elevation change than banner, plus a good Seattle view at the top. PM me if you're looking for someone to ride with- Me and a buddy have been meaning to get out there soon. Eat at the Tides in gig harbor- the halibut and chips is excellent!
Also downtown Tacoma is cool- indochine is good Thai.

jmartin

Chimp
Oct 19, 2005
Biking: drive to Port Angeles and check out Dry Hill
Beer: 7 Seas Brewing in Gig Harbour

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
I suggested green mountain because it's the closest worthwhile riding, but if you're willing to drive an hour to the cascades, the riding is even better.

Offer's still open to show you around a bit if our schedules line up- in fact I have a buddy living in GH that I ride with every weekend- would work well for carpooling. Might even have a bike to let you borrow if you need. We lean mostly towards AM/FR/DH trails that aren't flat :D

Beer and good trails are plentiful here in Washington, no need to suffer on a beach in Gig Harbor the whole time.