Quantcast

in l.a. 4-27 need info for riding

scotteric

Chimp
May 11, 2004
seattle
hi. i'm from seattle and will be down your way this coming friday. looking for a decent bike to rent and a good place to get a few hours of riding in. prefer more freeride/tech oriented but would accept more xc oriented if i have to. i'll be staying outside beverly hills so the less the driving the better. considering telonics trail (recently in bike mag.) but still need to research that one. anyhow any input greatly appreciated. also anyone with friday off that wants to show me around will be compensated with food and beer. thanks, scott

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
I don't know where to rent bikes, try Cynergy cycles in Santa Monica, they might have rentals.

As far as riding goes, if you want to stay close to Beverly Hills you'll have a hard time finding FR type stuff, most riding would be considered AM (Santa Monica Mountains), lots of climbing with lots of techy DH too, if you know how to find it. Lots of people use Geoladders to find routes, but I've never tried it. There are some good trails in teh Valley but you'll need someone to show you where they are. As far as telonics goes, you're about 80 miles away from it...

I'd help you out but I'm coming off a shoulder injury and cant yet ride anything fun.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Dang. I'm out of town or I'd hook you up. If you can find a ride, check for Sullivan Canyon. It is a short drive from Beverly and it is XC but it connects to several other trails, including some very techy DH stuff. You might be able to rent a "Test Ride" bike from Performance in Santa Monica. When the shop was Super-Go, they would do that.

scotteric

Chimp
May 11, 2004
seattle
first off thanks for replying, and it turns out i'm going to be in santa ana friday. i talked to the path bike shop and sounds like they'll have a decent bike to rent so now the question is, where to go? i can look at info on the web till my eyes glaze over but any input from locals would be greatly appreciated. looking for 3-4 hours of ride time (even if it involves re-hashing some trails), technical as possible, climbing is fine just as long as its only to get to a good decent, and hopefully not involving too much driving. thanks in advance.........scott

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
www.geoladders.com / one of the best guides to OC riding.

You can hit Telonics from Aliso Viejo which has several fun trails. If you dont mind driving and climbing, try Noble Canyon in South SD. San Juan is always killer too...a couple of buddies and I might shuttle this Sat if you want to roll. PM me if anything.