Quantcast

in portland, want to ride!

nmr8

Monkey
Apr 6, 2007
new to portland, looking for people to ride with - mostly interested in trail riding, but i'm down for trying anything.

nmr8

Monkey
Apr 6, 2007
If your in to shuttling some DH, I'll show you some good stuff :biggrin:

But sorry I am not into that pedaling uphill stuff :nopity:

Duane
yeah, i'm into the idea of shuttling, my vehicle isn't too good for it but i've got a heavy bike that i don't like to pedal :)

deweydude

Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
Washougal Washington
yeah, i'm into the idea of shuttling, my vehicle isn't too good for it but i've got a heavy bike that i don't like to pedal :)
I am just across the I-205 bridge in Vancouver I got a couple of great shuttle runs over here. Or we could head up the Gorge to Post/Syncline Or several other places we could hit.

What do you have for a vehicle? Will it handle two bikes?
I won't be able to ride this weekend :bonk: I just now officially put my skibike away and still need to do the spring maintenence to the big bike. (this weekends project) But I will be ready next weekend , We should hook-up.
Do you like really steeep technical trails?

Duane

nmr8

Monkey
Apr 6, 2007
I am just across the I-205 bridge in Vancouver I got a couple of great shuttle runs over here. Or we could head up the Gorge to Post/Syncline Or several other places we could hit.

What do you have for a vehicle? Will it handle two bikes?
I won't be able to ride this weekend :bonk: I just now officially put my skibike away and still need to do the spring maintenence to the big bike. (this weekends project) But I will be ready next weekend , We should hook-up.
Do you like really steeep technical trails?

Duane
it's an explorer with a 1.25" hitch receiver. i have a 2 bike rack for it but the dh bike doesn't fit on the rack. depending on what kind of frame you have we could put one in the back and one on the rack. i'm good to go for next weekend, this weekend i'm going to try and make it to post canyon. :banana:

do i like steep trails? sure, anything with less than 100% grade is good :biggrin: i'm still sketchy on my big bike, just got it this winter not totally used to it yet. getting there though

deweydude

Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
Washougal Washington
it's an explorer with a 1.25" hitch receiver. i have a 2 bike rack for it but the dh bike doesn't fit on the rack. depending on what kind of frame you have we could put one in the back and one on the rack. i'm good to go for next weekend, this weekend i'm going to try and make it to post canyon. :banana:

do i like steep trails? sure, anything with less than 100% grade is good :biggrin: i'm still sketchy on my big bike, just got it this winter not totally used to it yet. getting there though
Lets do it.. You want to come over here and ride Jones Creek ORV Park?
There are two paths down the mountain, one is fast and flowy with some high banked berms and rocky sections and the other is real steep and technical with some good size drops.:monkeydance:
Its one of my favorite trails and I am going to make you promise to keep it a secret.:greedy:

I ride an older Norco Team DH weighing in at 46lbs I don't think it will fit in the back of your rig without pulling a wheel, but we'll work something out.
I'll PM you my phone #

Duane