Quantcast

In the Market

luvz2ridez

Monkey
Jul 19, 2006
Shoreline, WA
Ok girls, I need some help. I'm in the market for some new gear.

First off, I need some XS arm armor. I currently have the 661 launch pads and I really like them, but I have very small arms and the size small is still too big. I'd like a brand that are like the 661's with the hard outer shell and adjustable velcro straps, but that have a size smaller than small. Anyone know? I'm sure I'm not the only girl out there with small arms...

Also, what do you girls like to ride with for DH shorts. I'm also in the market for some riding shorts. See, I finally am not a North Shore virgin as of this past weekend, but I see the need for some actual DH shorts vs. XC shorts. What do you girls like? Since I know you can't actually buy "women's", what brand guys to you like? How do you measure them? I have a pretty womenly figure, small waist, wider hips...

Any help would be appreciated.

TBFKAHG

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
Not being of the female variety myself I don't really have any first hand knowledge but I'd suggest checking out Harlot. Mohshee has been pretty pleased with her latest Harlot purchase and the Houlihan short looks pretty durable.
Personally I'm a big fan of the Fox Misfit's as they are comfy and damn near indestructible but if you want something cut for your womanly curves then check out the aforementioned Harlot.

VT Mtbkr

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Richmond, Virginia
If your looking at DH shorts I just got 3 pairs of Troy Lees. I'm equally curvy and they fit fine. I ordered a 34 waist and that's one size bigger then I would normally wear. They fit fine in the waist and hips with pads on underneath.

huckqueen

Chimp
Jun 8, 2006
CT
I use the Rockgardn Jr. Flak jacket... size L. I'm 5'4"... fits really nicely. I like how the arms are attached. I had a 661 something or other and I had separate elbow/arm pads. Which always kept falling down. I think rockgarn also now has women's body armor. I also wear the harlot houlihan short. I like these alot.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I use the Rockgardn Jr. Flak jacket... size L. I'm 5'4"... fits really nicely. I like how the arms are attached. I had a 661 something or other and I had separate elbow/arm pads. Which always kept falling down. I think rockgarn also now has women's body armor. I also wear the harlot houlihan short. I like these alot.
The do!
It looks really nice and I am hoping to try one out soon so I will definitely write up a review on them. I am also 5'4" and have a 661 hard chest protector that's too big and uncomfortable.

luvz2ridez

Monkey
Jul 19, 2006
Shoreline, WA
The do!
It looks really nice and I am hoping to try one out soon so I will definitely write up a review on them. I am also 5'4" and have a 661 hard chest protector that's too big and uncomfortable.
This is pretty but the arms don't tighten up as much as I need them too and they shift when falling on them and I still scratch my elbows :plthumbsdown: , that's why I like the kind with the adjustable velcro straps.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
This is pretty but the arms don't tighten up as much as I need them too and they shift when falling on them and I still scratch my elbows :plthumbsdown: , that's why I like the kind with the adjustable velcro straps.
Ah...so, you have tried one out then? I haven't been able to yet, but I am going to soon. What others have you tried?

GrapeApe79

Monkey
Sep 22, 2005
Issaquah, WA
Back on RM after a slight hiatus. I have the 661 pro jacket--Its already ripped up and doesn't seem to fit that great, so maybe don't buy that one. For DH shorts, my line up consists of Sombrio, Harlot, and Fox--all womens shorts. They don't have built in butt pads, so I have to wear a liner underneath. Any pair of guys would probably be just as good as long as you could get them to fit around your small waist.

Cat Daddy

Chimp
Dec 17, 2002
There are two adjustment sliders on each forearm. The LFJ ships with them in their loosest position, so if you slide them to the complete opposite side, you should be able to get them way tighter than with Velcro straps. Did you try tightening them?