Quantcast

In the market

tduby

Chimp
Nov 13, 2009
This is somewhat of a stretch, but what bikes are out there in the used market under 1k?

tduby

Chimp
Nov 13, 2009
hard tail?
full susser?
I went to multiple bike shops and just couldn't find a hardtail that I liked or felt would be reliable.

Then again, I only looked at Fisher, Specialized and a Kona. I welcome suggestions.

tduby

Chimp
Nov 13, 2009
I'm looking at an '03 Stinky with: Marzocchi JR T fork, New Fox DHX air 5.0 rear shock, New Avid Juicy 7 brakes, New IRC kujo front tire 2.35"and New IRC trailbear rear tire 2.25".

Sound OK?

mcdurly1

Chimp
Dec 8, 2001
Austin, TX
Dude,
I have your bike. Custom Specialized Enduro, it has a Totem coil, Roco World Cup, and a Hadley/Mavic wheelset. Its on ebay. Search Custom Specialized Enduro.
The bike handles any and all terrain,is in great shape, and totally rips.7" x 7", medium frame.

tduby

Chimp
Nov 13, 2009
Dude,
I have your bike. Custom Specialized Enduro, it has a Totem coil, Roco World Cup, and a Hadley/Mavic wheelset. Its on ebay. Search Custom Specialized Enduro.
The bike handles any and all terrain,is in great shape, and totally rips.7" x 7", medium frame.
More than I'm willing to spend.

What are some good hardtails (complete) to look at?

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
yeah dude, check out ridemonkey classifieds. ebay usually has way to many people bidding, or the sellers prices are dumb.( thats just like...my opinion...man)

under 1K, theres a good amount of used options. a couple year old stinky will def fall under that category

AWESOME- http://www.ridemonkey.com/classifieds/cat-2/ad-11563/ see if you can get that guy to OBO ( or best offer) thats a killer deal!!

good one too --- http://www.ridemonkey.com/classifieds/cat-2/ad-11521/
and are those Profile Racing cranks? can anyone say INDESTRUCTIBLE hahah

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
It's the end of thee season so be patient and look as you are trying to find a bike a bit below what would be a minimum for most people. Imo waiting a couple of months and getting extra few hundret bucks to make it closer to 1500$ would make your life easier.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
This is somewhat of a stretch, but what bikes are out there in the used market under 1k?
Where do U live? I live in Cen California AND THERE IS A GUY SELLING A 2002-2003 HARO DH, BASICALLY AN M1 FOR $800 COMPLETE!

Last edited:

oftpiste

Chimp
Oct 20, 2009
Newbie here, but I managed to find a '03 Norco Team, nicely built ( '04 888, Saint), lightly used for $700. Had to drive a bit to get it and spend a little on tweaks, but was only into at $1k at the end. Found it on pinkbike.

One more suggestion: Enlist the help of your LBS in making the evaluation. Big Tree boys in Seattle were of tremendous help (made sure I didn't buy anything stupid) and helped me a LOT!

tduby

Chimp
Nov 13, 2009
What are the general thoughts on the '08 Big Hit 3? I'm looking at one with a Marzocchi 66 VF fork. Not sure why he switched it, but I'm guessing the fork would better suit my riding style anyhow.

What's a good price point for the bike if it's worth looking at?