Quantcast

Inca Downhill in Peru Set for May 1

Ridemonkey.com

News & Reviews
Jun 26, 2009

Want to go visit Machu Picchu? Want to ride your bike? Interestingly enough, you can do both by entering the Inca Downhill. This unique race is an amazing opportunity to ride and see one of the coolest places on earth.

May 1, 2011, will mark this year’s Inca Downhill taking place in Ollantaytambo, Peru. The event will be held in the of the Andean mountains, home of an ancient Inca culture and Machu Picchu. Far off the beaten path of typical downhill courses, the Inca Downhill starts out at an elevation of nearly 15,000 feet above sea level and descends over traditional Incan roads and paths to the finish line five thousand feet below.

Chris Van Dine will be at this year’s event to defend his 2009 crown, however, 2nd place finisher and local favorite, Diego Sarmiento, has his own plan to take the title.

<div style="font-size:80%; text-align : center;">
<object width="640" height="360">
<param name="movie" value="http://www.zapiks.fr/share/player.swf?file=38933&lang=fr&skin="></param>
<param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param>
<param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param>
<param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param>
<embed src="http://www.zapiks.fr/share/player.swf?file=38933&lang=fr&skin=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="640" height="360" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" ></embed>
</object><br /><!-- Merci de soutenir notre projet en laissant ce petit lien! --><a href="http://www.zapiks.fr/vtt-freeride-au-perou-1.html" title="VTT Freeride au P&eacute;rou">VTT Freeride au P&eacute;rou</a></div>

Attachments

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
Want to go visit Machu Picchu and ride your $3,500 bike in an area the natives only make a $1 a week? Interestingly enough, you can do both by entering the Inca Downhill. This unique race is an amazing opportunity to ride your rich person $3,500 mountain bike in front of poor people that will never own one, and see one of the coolest places on earth and have your bike stolen so they can become a millionare over night!!!!

FIXED!! :rofl: :D

Last edited:

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
FIXED!! :rofl: :D
Not funny, plus...

Ever been to Peru? Thought not.
Ive been there twice in the last year, and Ive seen more DH bikes in Peru (especially Cusco) then anywhere else in latin America (Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia, Ecuador, Bolivia, Brasil, Argentina or Chile)...

I guess nobody has had their bike stolen on the east coast where everybody is a friggin millionaire?

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
Kevin, GEESH chill dude. It's sarcastic humor.
And no Kevin, I haven't been to Peru but I do know that they say they're dirt poor there. Not sure why they say that, they've got dirt everywhere!

:rimshot::rofl:

Last edited:

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
People might be dirt poor but that doesnt mean theyll steal your bike mate... Sure **** happens but latin America isnt anywhere near the thieves nest as some people would like you to believe.
In 8 months ive only had something stolen once. Might as well have happend back home in Amsterdam. (tho i have to admit it was in Peru :D)

I get the whole sarcastic part but it just wasnt funny to begin with :P

Mar 19, 2011
Actually, the local guy who is pushing that bike probably has a higher net worth than you do, dude, 'cause he owns his own land and doesnt have a mortgage or owe anyone in the world a penny.

He probably wouldn't trade places and live on the east coast of the US for all the money in the world:) The locals love this race, that is why you see so many locals in the picture. There are more ways to measure wealth than just dollars, and the guy in the photo has wealth most people will never have. And to be honest, the idea of getting your bike heisted is just laughable - ask any one who has ever raced in this race (i.e. Rene Wildehaber, Steve Peat, Cedric Gracia, Brian Lopes, Chris Van Dine, etc etc)
Dr Kenan, cash in those amex points and I'll comp you a 3 star hotel if you man up and come down for the race and party, both of which will be huge. www.IncaDownhill.com
KB

Last edited:

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
People might be dirt poor but that doesnt mean theyll steal your bike mate... Sure **** happens but latin America isnt anywhere near the thieves nest as some people would like you to believe.
In 8 months ive only had something stolen once. Might as well have happend back home in Amsterdam. (tho i have to admit it was in Peru :D)

I get the whole sarcastic part but it just wasnt funny to begin with :P
8 months! GEESH! I haven't had anything stolen EVER where I live. But if JonKranked made this joke, everyone would be laughing away is all I can say...

Bikes do get stolen. I doubt anyone here is saying expensive downhill bikes, DON'T get stolen in Peru. :thumb:

And that land owner should sell that property so someone in america can put up a mall on it! LOL;)

Last edited: