Quantcast

Inconsistencies with "Prison Break"

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I watched some of the episodes during the big marathon on FX, so I saw the new episode tonight.

I could not believe the inconsistencies in the plot, particularily with the attempted assassination of Lincoln Jr:

1. When LJ's stepdad clocked the 2nd assassin with a bat, my buddy and I said we would have gone for the head, not the back. But my buddy pointed out if someone swung full force, you would not be getting up period.

2. When the two assassins started to doctor the crime scene, things like, two different guns leave two different bullet markings or how would a kid have access to a military grade silencer. But really, after watching a bunch of episodes of C.S.I., taking a fingerprint with a piece of tape and putting it on the gun would really fool anyone?

I do like the drama and the dynamic, but the show is starting to get too far fetched...

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
well its a tv show its supposed to be far fetched...
do you think there could be such a monster on an island like in LOST??

I know what you mean though . I make fun of my friend who watches tthat show religiously... its also pretty predictable

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
hooples3 said:
well its a tv show its supposed to be far fetched...
do you think there could be such a monster on an island like in LOST??

I know what you mean though . I make fun of my friend who watches tthat show religiously... its also pretty predictable
I thought lost was based on a true story?????

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
sanjuro said:
I do like the drama and the dynamic, but the show is starting to get too far fetched...
I have the same problem with 24.

I find highly unlikely that Jack does not have time to take a morning constitutional.

It would be nice if they would throw that in there.

Like "Hey i have gotta deactivate this dirty bomb but man do I really have to take a dump!!!!"

(showing him doubled over, shifting from one foot to the other. the carnage from the previous nights cheap mexican food and PBR.)

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Eh, my opinion on all these drama shows is that it is what it is. I tend to sort of space out to the extent that I only really care about the plot and drama and don't really analyze it for the most part. Like PrisonBreak, it seems quite doctored in general as far as how certain things unfold, but, I just take it for what it is, a hollywood television show meant to entertain, and for the most part I remain entertained. :p

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
I love 24, but the big thing that bugs me with the show is that Jack and co. can get everywhere in LA without hitting traffic.

It takes me like 20 minutes to get to the grocery store if I drive. It's less than a mile away.

Hawkeye

Monkey
Jan 8, 2002
Naperville, IL
sanjuro said:
I watched some of the episodes during the big marathon on FX, so I saw the new episode tonight.

I could not believe the inconsistencies in the plot, particularily with the attempted assassination of Lincoln Jr:

1. When LJ's stepdad clocked the 2nd assassin with a bat, my buddy and I said we would have gone for the head, not the back. But my buddy pointed out if someone swung full force, you would not be getting up period.

2. When the two assassins started to doctor the crime scene, things like, two different guns leave two different bullet markings or how would a kid have access to a military grade silencer. But really, after watching a bunch of episodes of C.S.I., taking a fingerprint with a piece of tape and putting it on the gun would really fool anyone?

And why didn't he follow up the bat swing with another bat swing.

A death row inmate doing PI duty?

It's called suspension of disbelief don't watch TV without it.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
You know....

You would probably lead a much happier life if you didn't overanalyze TV shows like you do.

How about when they make a Honda XR 100CC 4 stroke sound like a 250cc 2stroke MXr on TV shows and movies? There is something to be pissed about. :D

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
RhinofromWA said:
You know....

You would probably lead a much happier life if you didn't overanalyze TV shows like you do.

How about when they make a Honda XR 100CC 4 stroke sound like a 250cc 2stroke MXr on TV shows and movies? There is something to be pissed about. :D
i like prison break.

Rhino, what show/movie was this on?

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Meh, at least it is none of that crap that ABC puts on. Honestly who likes watching shows like Lost or Invasion where the entire plot and all is a big secret that is never revealed?

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
mcA896 said:
i like prison break.

Rhino, what show/movie was this on?
Well Terminator 2 for 1 example....The little kid takes off on his little motorbike. And just about any other TV show were an anemic XR100 (or up to 250) would normally sound like a lawnmower and they dub over a 2 stroke for effect.

It is like a sheep opening its mouth and the roar of a lion comes out. :D

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
i thought it sounded like an XR? with no baffle. ah, i havent seen the movie in years, ill have to check that out soon.

Dirtbike

Monkey
Mar 21, 2005
eastbay
RhinofromWA said:
You know....

What also bugs me is when a 2-stroke 250 is overlayed with a 450 4 stroke track. Lame.:nopity: