Quantcast

Increasingly broken health care in the U.S.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Yes. Yes. And yes. I'll continue to vote for universal healthcare measures just like I'll continue to vote for affordable housing whenever the opportunity presents itself.

Just for giggles I added up what insurance was billed for our daughter's birth. Hospital and doctors billed $51K. Of that, insurance paid out $17K, and we paid $3K. And people bemoan why current generations aren't having more kids.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
LOL

Our healthcare system didn't 'collapse'. It operated exactly as it was designed to. Just on steroids in the 18 months, present included.

In may of 2020 the CEO of our local hospital, part of a publicly traded corporation, sent out emails to staff warning about antifa busses coming into town, and that the hospital would be locked down.

That wasn't some new failure, that was the dipshit system in operation.

We only heal for profit. Just like we only enforce laws for profit. Nothing changed. It just got exposed if you're paying attention.

People walking out now is just what should have happened years ago. Because what passes for health care in the country is fucked. Fucked beyond all repair. Exploitation of labor in that capitalist shit realm is no different than anywhere else, which is the problem. It ain't new. And as self destructive a sentiment as it may be, fuck them all. I hope they all collapse. It's the system that's faulty, not some new thing.

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
LOL

Our healthcare system didn't 'collapse'. It operated exactly as it was designed to. Just on steroids in the 18 months, present included.

In may of 2020 the CEO of our local hospital, part of a publicly traded corporation, sent out emails to staff warning about antifa busses coming into town, and that the hospital would be locked down.

That wasn't some new failure, that was the dipshit system in operation.

We only heal for profit. Just like we only enforce laws for profit. Nothing changed. It just got exposed if you're paying attention.

People walking out now is just what should have happened years ago. Because what passes for health care in the country is fucked. Fucked beyond all repair. Exploitation of labor in that capitalist shit realm is no different than anywhere else, which is the problem. It ain't new. And as self destructive a sentiment as it may be, fuck them all. I hope they all collapse. It's the system that's faulty, not some new thing.
if it all burns you better stay safe buddy! no wrecking for you-snowmobile, mx, or mtb! AND NO CRABON BARZ!!!!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
if it all burns you better stay safe buddy! no wrecking for you-snowmobile, mx, or mtb! AND NO CRABON BARZ!!!!
the fun part about my personal orthopedic history is that I'm mostly on a first name bases with a lot doctors who share some sports in common

and I've definitely learned how to circumvent their employers a bit, which some of them are down with

also known as the "kaiser permanente effect"

Last edited: