Quantcast

***Independance Day GMT***

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

I get to the jobsite yesterday, and the foreman asks "Can you work on Friday?" I pause and then say yes, and the supervisor turned to the foreman and said "Even the vibration guy thinks you're a dick for making us work on Friday". So I thought that I'd be working tomorrow. Then in the afternoon, my boss calls and said that the 1 guy that will be available on Friday, his job for Friday got cancelled, so I got the day off.

Going to the in-laws today. Nephew's 1st birthday party is tomorrow.

Be safe out there.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

I'm still fairly tired today from being at the hospital for 12hrs yesterday. My mom's surgery went way longer than expected yesterday but it seems like it was a success. That is definitely a major relief...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
.........and the rain continues....it's been like the pacnw in nc for the last two weeks...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
HELLO!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHHA! I ran 14 miles yesterday and 6 more this morning. Warm and humid both days with a 73 dew point. That makes for tough running. Going for a road ride today. Bring on winter.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning!
Day 327 of not being able to ride (feels like it anyway) so I'm drinking coffee watching TdF and NOT getting ready to pedal over high mtn passes NOR ride my dh bike. :rant:

Iceballs: good news!

Happy 4th everybody.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
Moring , I was suppose to dh snow summit with dirtymike today , but a/c went out last night . So I get to waste my day trying to find somebody to fix it , Frick ! Have a good one .

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
Good morning!
Day 327 of not being able to ride (feels like it anyway) so I'm drinking coffee watching TdF and NOT getting ready to pedal over high mtn passes NOR ride my dh bike. :rant:
Day 30 for me. The good news is I have been approved for a light duty test ride. Oldnancyitis is a b!tch.

Happy beer and charred flesh day everyone.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Spent the day at the Great Escape (local amusement park) with the family yesterday. Learned that Alex LOVES the water park but HATES (i.e. screaming) the carousel. Now I'm drinking coffee & watching the Tour while the girls play and Sq-Earl is cleaning to pool. Probably BBQ today and pop a few tops :cheers: Be safe!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning.

I'm still fairly tired today from being at the hospital for 12hrs yesterday. My mom's surgery went way longer than expected yesterday but it seems like it was a success. That is definitely a major relief...
That's good to hear! We're going to be out your way next week if you're interested in going for a ride.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Oldnancyitis
interesting.....my dad would call my brothers and i nancy/mary ann when we b!tched and moaned about doing sh!t...

research material for next years trip has arrived...

Last edited:

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
interesting.....my dad would call my brothers and i nancy/mary ann when we b!tched and moaned about doing sh!t...
My usages comes from the same generation. Basically someone who needs to HTFU.

NW Montana is amazing. Its hard to even narrow down where to go. I normally try to avoid national parks due to the number of people but Glacier is worth it.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I was out on the mt bike and just cresting a biatch of a climb when another old fart on a fully rigid old school bike goes bombing down past me. At the top I looked back and he was sprawled out on a corner full yard sale. Crap, went into EMT mode and whipped on down to him. Nice road rash on his right knee and elbow, bruised ribs, mild concussion and a broken left thumb. Gotta hand it to him when I said how do you want to get out of here? call 911 and ask for help or walk it out if you think you can? he said give me a second and lets see if I can walk. We ended up walking for 1.5 hours to the road then over to my place where I tossed his bike on the rack and drove him the last 7 miles home.

he crashed on the fire road section behind the power tower on the left

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Good morning!

Iceballs: good news!

Happy 4th everybody.
Keep me in the loop regarding your knee. I'm game to do some mellow 'get better' rides. Worst case, you go kill ill time down at the gym.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
237 years ago today Baby Jesus snuck up on the British with George Washington and cut off their heads with big long swords that they pulled out of Plymouth Rock. Then they crossed the Delaware and went to Independence Hall to deliver the pages of the Bible that became the Declaration of Independence, The Bill of Rights, and the Constitution to Thomas Jefferson. Afterwards Ben Franklin Made them Cheese Steaks and they went drinking in Fishtown.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
237 years ago today Baby Jesus snuck up on the British with George Washington and cut off their heads with big long swords that they pulled out of Plymouth Rock. Then they crossed the Delaware and went to Independence Hall to deliver the pages of the Bible that became the Declaration of Independence, The Bill of Rights, and the Constitution to Thomas Jefferson. Afterwards Ben Franklin Made them Cheese Steaks and they went drinking in Fishtown.

:clapping: