Quantcast

***Independence Day GMT***

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Happy fourth of July to my American cousins. and happy 4th to all you 'merican monkeys too. (I really do have American cousins)

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. Tasty pastries and artisanal yogurt for breakfast (Ellanos? something like that). Nothing else planned.

/winning

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Happy 4th! Rode this morning a little, body is too tired after mucho back to back rides. Gonna finish some projects I started yesterday but after a big brunch, the lazy in me is strong.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Rain, rain and moar freakin rain.

No bikies today.

Most likely going to the studio to work on wedding bands that have to be picked up by Friday.

Blow some shit up for me Monkeys.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Today I participated in our small town 4th of July parade by walking the rope line and passing out candy and small flags to children. You can pass out a lot of candy in 8 blocks. :) Yeah, 'merica.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
ahh what better way to celbrate the 4th than riding dirt, taking a header in one of the few rock gardens on the trail (minor skin and blood donation) then hauling ass down a long rocky single track back to the trail head. hour and 15 minutes of climbing to earn two 15 minute down hills 84* with a light breeze, Oh and HAB the Minion DHFs kept me niceley hooked up through the marble sized dirt clods on the steep fire road setctions and were great in the rocks

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey-ooooh!! Currently watching the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest and appreciating the fine athletes that those people are.

Speaking of which, I swam a mile and a half this morning in a quiet Vermont lake. That sure was nice. Then when we got home, I took the douchebike out for 35 easy miles. Burgers, corn on the cob, and tater wedges are cooking. A good day.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I wasn't gonna ride, but when I heard my buddy did like 45 miles and 8K of climbing yesterday I thought the pace would be just social enough for my tired legs.

22 miles, 3K climbing, I'm toast.

After I've laid on the floor for an adequate amount of time I'm grilling a fat steak and some corn on the cob and hoping to stay awake long enough to see freedom explosions.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
boogie boarded and skim boarded with kids. kayaked. grilling stuff. beer. gin. then to set off some south carolina-purchased freedom rockets. also currently freeballing for extra freedom points.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Umm, how come small honey do projects always evolve into complicated monsters? :think: Oh the joy of owning an old house.

On a positive note, charred meat still tastes awesome and I have one more can of Prima Pils left in the fridge, too. I don't think I'll be very productive in the office for the rest of this week. :cheers:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Umm, how come small honey do projects always evolve into complicated monsters? :think: Oh the joy of owning an old house.

On a positive note, charred meat still tastes awesome and I have one more can of Prima Pils left in the fridge, too. I don't think I'll be very productive in the office for the rest of this week. :cheers:
scope creep

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Un-fattening on the elliptical done. Friendly cat on lap. Everyone else is at the grocery. Peace at last.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Mountain biked in near-winter conditions this morning... Had two or three close calls, then found three tweakers at a road crossing in the woods- wtf?!
Went by myself but found a cool guy to ride with. Pretty fun ride
Got a lazy rest of the day until our Airforce One outdoor movie and neighborhood firework shit show while all neighbors try to keep the farm animals from having meltdowns. Good day :)

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Got the bike up to 56 mph yesterday but couldn't top it today as I had a ambulance coming towards me on the steepest section. This is where it gets really fun once you get around the corner on the top. Its so steep riding up I had to get out of the saddle even with 29T rear and compact cranks on the way back but weeee going down was fun

Today was another glorious day on the lake. We have borrowed our friends lake house where I have been coming since I was 19 but I think this was the first time we were there all by ourselves. We were outside the whole time and did all the cooking outside too. Stuck a cast iron skillet into the grill and used it for bacon and eggs in the morning and then several versions of food on skewers and of course a good dose of burgers and hot dogs.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Slept this morning after I started ten pounds of jerky in the cooker, had burgers for dinner that were a mix of elk, antelope and venison, baked beans, and corn on the cob.

Made up fifteen food packs after dinner for hiking/camping, and got my gear out for camping tomorrow night.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
6000 ft of climbing/descending today. Haven't felt that good on a bike in a solid year despite surprise mudfest. Legs cooked, back cooked, shoulders cooked, big fucking grin.

Went and had tasty charred meat at a good friends from grad-school. Party was dominated by Eurotrash interns. I need to find some friends a little closer to my decade.

6000 ft of climbing/descending today. Haven't felt that good on a bike in a solid year despite surprise mudfest. Legs cooked, back cooked, shoulders cooked, big fucking grin.

Went and had tasty charred meat at a good friends from grad-school. Party was dominated by Eurotrash interns. I need to find some friends a little closer to my decade.
As time goes on that becomes less desirable...

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are

So how is the transition to left coast going? What's the riding like? Does it rain every day? Are you wearing more flannel?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
So how is the transition to left coast going? What's the riding like? Does it rain every day? Are you wearing more flannel?
Rains daily, everyone commits suicide, Super Sonics are never coming back, stinks like week old salmon.