Quantcast

India's top female downhill baby biker

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Duct tape+Flip video camera+iBert with baby=fun. She really, really digs going downhill and I tried to rig the camera to get the hysterical string of squeals she lets out anytime we go downhill. Wind noise drowned her out, though, so we went for the next best thing...Foghat.

Sophie DH | Flickr - Photo Sharing!@@AMEPARAM@@http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6121/5917985383_62c5544f35_m.jpg@@AMEPARAM@@5917985383@@AMEPARAM@@62c5544f35

YouTube blocked my audio, and turns out Flickr only lets you upload 90 seconds of video. That's probably enough anyhow.

Last edited:

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I don't think they do full-faces for 11-month olds...

Whoops

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
New Zealand
Great stuff - we've got an I-bert as well, but 3.5 yo son is *just* too big now. No worries, little sister (5 mo) will be in it at Xmas, and she can yell at her brother while he rides along side us on his new balance bike.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Kid needs a full-face
Umm, 11 months old. No such thing. (ed: that I could find, anyhow)

I also think maybe I'm giving the wrong impression. She loves going downhill, and we're on a mountain bike, but we're going on a downward incline on roads (of varying degrees of paved-ness, some pretty rough) not any kind of singletrack or anything.

For some reason the camera makes it seem SUPER fast, too. Helmet cam always looks slower than I remember, but this makes it look like we're just flying at an insane speed. Plus the floppiness of the leg of the iBert intensifies the shake from the bumps considerably.