Quantcast

Indoor Bike Park

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
What do you guys think about an indoor bike park in the Greenville, SC area? I don't think that there is enough biker's in G-ville to support is alone, but what about "traveler's" from all over the SE and the rest of the country, once the word got out! It will be a very good facility, I promise that!
I'm talking about a park with a section with street course, vert ramps and your typical sk8 park stuff, another section with dirt jumps, BMX track and then a MTB track or trail with teeter totters, and various drops and such. It'll also have pro-shop, concession, lounge area.

One location that we have reconed, would allow for some outdoor stuff as well, nothing huge as far as DH bikes are concerned, and the building is just a huge warehouse (image a Sam's club that moved and the empty building that is left behind), but another location is a 4 story building that would allow for some serious drops for you guys with the balls, and "ramps" could be made from floor to floor to allow for a little downhill course, but nothing outside except parking. We are still looking for other places that would allow us to get the maximum "ride-a-bility".

What/How would you guys like to see in it? Any ideas that you guys would like to throw out here, anything you would like to see in an indoor park? Also what do you guys think is a good way or how much to charge for memberships or entry fees?

It's just a idea right now but the dream has to start somewhere!

Cheers,
Brian

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
What?

Are you talking about taking a 4 story building and turning it into an indoor DH run by dropping from floor to floor? :confused: :confused:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
it would be dope. id drive there for sure. im in asheville. hell id move to greenville and work there. i think as far as whats inside i would like to see as many hot girls as possible. Keep the temp wayyyyy up so they cant wear to many clothes. This would cause people to push their limits on the drops and stuff due to "chick power"

InsaneP2Rider

Monkey
Jul 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
i think that it's a really good idea too. i'm in asheville too and i would go down there all the time if something like that got built.

it would be totally rad if this could pull through.

Curiouscaptian01

It's not poo
Dec 1, 2003
California
Yeah I live in Greenville and forsure it would be a good idea, you could have mabye 10 riders that would come that I know about, that come and hang out at our local dirtjumps and trails. Hit me up with a pm some time if you want to ride, anyday and time.

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
DVNT said:
What?

Are you talking about taking a 4 story building and turning it into an indoor DH run by dropping from floor to floor? :confused: :confused:
That's the "general" idea, it's an old brick textile building (I think) that has 4 floors with about 50 x 50 (guessing) of the center absent. I think that it may have been used for hanging something or another, hell I don't know what it was used for, it's hard to explain, but it could work.

There is a lot of number crunching to do, and we are collecting some data to determine is G-ville is big enough and ready to support an undertaking of this caliber. As mentioned, this is just an idea right now, but I would like to see this project happen if possible.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
zod said:
It's a money losing idea................I hope you have DEEP pockets cause I would come :p
No Doubt. I live 20 minutes away, and I would be there all the time, especially in the winter. So, of course I hope it happens, but whether or not I think it can make $ is another matter. ;)
Good Luck with it though. ;)

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
So instead of a chair lift you would have an elevator.
strange idea.

good luck with it. it sounds like a lot of work but would be so much fun to ride.

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
DVNT said:
So instead of a chair lift you would have an elevator.
strange idea.

good luck with it. it sounds like a lot of work but would be so much fun to ride.
or you could umm, ride...

yeah, it would be a huge amount of hard work, even if it does go, it wouldn't be until the fall or winter, but a ton of work will need to be done!

bradical

Monkey
Dec 9, 2003
G-Vegas SC
haha, You have my money if you can make that work. I'd have to make that my new hang out, ahha.
Greenville has a HUGE cycling scene, but it's mostly road. What area in greenville have you looked at property in? I think a local paintball place did the same type idea you're thinking about in an old textile mill.

bradical

Monkey
Dec 9, 2003
G-Vegas SC
By the way, your idea sounds incredible. We definately lack anything like that around here, I don't even think there are any skateparks that allow big bikes within 20-30 minutes anyways.