Quantcast

Indoor bike stands

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I got fed up with bikes clogging up space all around my flat so I'm looking for a good looking indoor bike stand. More furniture , less park tool (I have that in the balcony). Hit me with your advice. The more crazy the better but I'm not really into crazy colors so no neon pink or any of that tld stuff.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I still want it to look good since I am going to use it in my flat (ie. no garage!).

Something like this:

But I'm interested If I can see some other designs. This one is fairly common but I want to know what options I have

Sghost

Turbo Monkey
Jul 13, 2008
NY
You can make something out of concrete. If your wall is whack or want it extra crazy, you can bend it too!

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I don't have a any pictures but I made a decent looking hanging rack using an industrial strength garment rack and some re-purposed pot and pan hooks. The hooks slide side-to-side so I can tuck the bikes close together and get access to the one I need very easily. I store 5-6 bikes on the thing easily.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I don't have a any pictures but I made a decent looking hanging rack using an industrial strength garment rack and some re-purposed pot and pan hooks. The hooks slide side-to-side so I can tuck the bikes close together and get access to the one I need very easily. I store 5-6 bikes on the thing easily.
One of these?

That's an interesting idea - like it.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
One of these?

That's an interesting idea - like it.
Yep, pretty much. I found one that was specific for bridal gowns and other long garments, which makes it tall enough. You'll want to put your longest bike in a hanging position and measure the height you need.

It works great - with sliding hooks you don't need to waste space maintaining distance between bikes like you do with fixed hooks. If you stagger bars up and down, you can really cram your bikes in close. Now that I've moved into a place with a proper garage I'm thinking about bolting a longer bar to the rafters and expanding the concept.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
I still want it to look good since I am going to use it in my flat (ie. no garage!).

Something like this:

But I'm interested If I can see some other designs. This one is fairly common but I want to know what options I have
I have this exact one with a 40lb DH bike on the bottom and my 30lb trail bike on the top. It works flawlessly and I seriously don't know why I put up with having my bikes sitting around for so many years.

Droptopchevy

Monkey
Jan 1, 2009
Morrisville, PA
I have this exact one with a 40lb DH bike on the bottom and my 30lb trail bike on the top. It works flawlessly and I seriously don't know why I put up with having my bikes sitting around for so many years.
Serious? I was a little apprehensive about getting one like this one but holds 4 bikes, due to my one bike being 36lbs. and all of the rest being about 20 lbs. I might give it a try though.