Quantcast

Indoor mtb (bmx) racing

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
This weekend is the first weekend at Port Orchard for indoor racing. I can't make it this weekend, but who's all going? holliswood, benbmx, scvpp, tonic?

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
you would think - but no. You don't want to race holliswood or Bart?

I know in the past they've run an all woman's class - you just need at least 3.

SCVPP

Chimp
Sep 30, 2004
Bonney Lake, WA
undecided at this point. the blur-4x is still in pieces following the beat-down it took @ crankworx although i do have the shock back from progressive... more likely i'll be out there for the 2nd weekend of racing.

Five, when do you plan to attend? it'll be cool to not be the only rider on a non-hardtail.

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
SCVPP said:
Five, when do you plan to attend? it'll be cool to not be the only rider on a non-hardtail.
I'll be at the next race. yes, we can slug it out for last place on our fs bikes.

tadrscin - check www.gobmx.com there's a link to the indoor track and have directions.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Five said:
you would think - but no. You don't want to race holliswood or Bart?

I know in the past they've run an all woman's class - you just need at least 3.
You forgot Ethan. He schooled Bart at the last BMX race he did!!!:D

Tonic

Chimp
Jul 18, 2004
Seattle, WA
TBD for me. We shipped the Xbox 360 versions of Xbox Live and Xbox.com this week so I've had 30 hrs. straight of work on both Mon/Tues and Thurs/Fri. I'm beat to hell right now. I've got the chameleon all built up and ready, so if i don't make it this weekend, i'm out there next for sure.

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
SW, Beav, Burl and I will be at the next race weekend on Sunday. We generally carry an extra ht if anyone wants to get out on the track and give it a try. To race the mtb class you need an ABA cruiser license. Mike lets the mtbs run total points so we get more track time. Five how the hell are you? I haven't gotten to pester you in a long time.

knucklebutt

Chimp
Jan 20, 2004
FYI :-)
Mike will group the MTB riders into age or gender groups if there is enough riders to make a class (3).

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
Krusty you better look out Thunder Muffin will get you:evil: . Knucklebutt I'm all for the age groups but that puts you and Bart in my class. Will you guys spot me the 1st and 2nd straights?

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Lumberjack said:
Five how the hell are you? I haven't gotten to pester you in a long time.
Awww shucks! I didn't know you missed me...

I'll be at indoor this weekend (Nov 5/6). Definetely on Sunday to race mtb class. I may do 20" on Saturday night - but I think I may have plans for a movie that night.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Lumberjack said:
SW, Beav, Burl and I will be at the next race weekend on Sunday. We generally carry an extra ht if anyone wants to get out on the track and give it a try. To race the mtb class you need an ABA cruiser license. Mike lets the mtbs run total points so we get more track time. Five how the hell are you? I haven't gotten to pester you in a long time.
Are you peeps going next weekend?

Five said:
No problem - you coming out to race?
No, we just want to come out and watch. My girlfriend and I just recently bought big bikes to start jumping ie Whistler & SST, but we're still beginners. Neither of has any BMX or dirt jumping experience. I did win a Transition Trail or Park frame that we'll get built up to play around with, but that won't happen until next year. Already spent too much $$$ on bikes this year.

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
Snacks we are planning on heading over Sunday if I can dig out of my back log of work. I should know by Thurs or Fri. Are you and TM thinking about heading over?

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Lumberjack said:
Snacks we are planning on heading over Sunday if I can dig out of my back log of work. I should know by Thurs or Fri. Are you and TM thinking about heading over?
Eh, it depends on TM. I'm trying to get him to head East with me for some DH.

Feb 25, 2005
seattle, wa
How old are you all? I'm wondering if there would be any other MTBers in my class (31-35 cruiser). I used to race cruiser a few years ago and was pretty serious about it, then I got married, had kids... But I want to race again just for fun and not be too competetive. BTW: it looks like Mike is trying to sell off the BMX operations at the arena. He must be tired of moving horse poop around every Friday.

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
scottjustscott said:
How old are you all? I'm wondering if there would be any other MTBers in my class (31-35 cruiser). I used to race cruiser a few years ago and was pretty serious about it, then I got married, had kids... But I want to race again just for fun and not be too competetive. BTW: it looks like Mike is trying to sell off the BMX operations at the arena. He must be tired of moving horse poop around every Friday.
I race in the 36+ class in cruiser. 28+ on a 20" except at States/Nationals - then it's 36+. Don't be fooled though, some of the old guys are fast, me I'm slow. :)

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Name's Loreto. I ride DH and I usually race 20". I have a cruiser license too so I can race my mtb on the track. I'm usually at the N Seatac track since that's where I do most of my volunteering and I take photos for them - check www.seatacbmx.org and click on the photos section. This year was a bad year of bmxing cause I had collarbone surgery after breaking it again while riding my mtb on the bmx track.

So you coming out to indoor?

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
Haven't raced cruiser in a couple of years but am in the 41-45 class.If you ever need a ride over just give a shout cause we pass through Seattle on our way to PI.

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
PsychO!1 said:
I was gonna go spectate, what is gooda time show up and catch the action?
Why spectate? - bring your ht, gear, some money and line up on the gate...but if you have to spectate - we'll probably start racing around 11-11:30