Quantcast

Industry 9 wheels

crazybiker300

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
i tried a pair and wasnt a fan of them. they are very expensive, and very heavy. sure they look cool, but the freehub was a little too stiff for my liking, if you stop pedalling abruptly you will experience serios chain suck. this may have just been the set i was riding but still. they also feel slow, because of the weight of the rim. your money would be better spent on a set of ust deemax wheels or even a set of 8 tracks

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
crazybiker300 said:
i tried a pair and wasnt a fan of them. they are very expensive, and very heavy. sure they look cool, but the freehub was a little too stiff for my liking, if you stop pedalling abruptly you will experience serios chain suck. this may have just been the set i was riding but still. they also feel slow, because of the weight of the rim. your money would be better spent on a set of ust deemax wheels or even a set of 8 tracks
How do you figure heavy? The listed weights are way lighter then anything else out there. The rims are light as well. What are you comparing it to?

los jefes

Monkey
May 10, 2004
Asheville, NC
The spoke will fail long before the threads will. The threads are about three times the diameter of a 14g spoke and have a much deeper pitch. The amount of surface contact area is more than enough.

Lucky7

Chimp
Sep 7, 2004
Chicago
You can order your pair with either 6 paws (3 degrees between engagement) or 3 paws (6 degrees) and have them built to just about any rim you want. If they don't stock it,they'll tell you what length you need and send a set out with their hubs.

tomvan72

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
Asheville
I have been riding a pair on my 4x and my dh bike all year. The weight of the wheel is crazy lite. My dh bike lost 1 lb just by switching from a Sun Single track set to the I9 set built with Rhino lite xl. There is on a 10 gram difference in the 2 rims. I have broken a spoke at the hub and the new spokes have a small allen fitting to spin them out just incase this happens on the trail. I rebuilt a rear wheel wich was punished at Vermont by some fast dude. It was missing a rear spoke so I built it with 31. It made it thru an entire week at Worlds and I was drunk when I built it!!

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
dropmachine.com said:
How do you figure heavy? The listed weights are way lighter then anything else out there. The rims are light as well. What are you comparing it to?
I wouldn't take him seriously. The main hole in the aruement is that the rims are 'heavy' which does not take into account the fact that you chose any rim you want.

crazybiker300

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
ok i just didnt like them, i know you can choose any rims you want, the pair i tried had dt FR rims, my other problem would be finding spokes locally.

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
I know I'm going to be getting a custom pair this next season. should be sick. I rode them down at interbike on the morewood 4x bike... which i wanted to get to... Too bad they won't return any of my emails. But I'm definatly looking forward to getting the wheels. They should be sick.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
If you want to contact him, George Ryan tested I-9's during this past summer and said they held up to abuse pretty well.

I spoke with one of the Moorewood guys at Mt. Snow during the finals about the I-9's they were running on some of their bikes. For DH racing they had Rhyno XL's laced to the hubs with the custom I-9 straight-pull spokes. There was a huge dent/flatspot in the front wheel, so I asked the Moorewood guy about it. He said that the spokes are so burly, and that there is so much thread engagement left on the hub end of the spoke, that all they have to do is re-adjust and balance the spoke tension to sort it out. The flatspot is still there, but the spokes are strong enough to smooth it out a bit.

You can find George on Hcor.net under: "G3ORG3 RYAN" I think...

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
they look and feel great. the engagement and hub designs are great. not a fan of the thread in the hub. but i wanted to use different rims then listed. so its a extra 380 bucks to get custom spokes made for the rim i wanted

G30RG3ryan

Monkey
Feb 24, 2002
Sparta, NJ
Hey whats up, I ran Industry 9 wheels on 2 of my bikes this year. My short travel slopestyle bike which I used for Monster Park. These had Sun Singletrack rims on them. Got them in July, its now December and they are still straight and tight. I love them. Have pair on my DH bike which I got at Interbike with DT Swiss DH rims. They still run straight as an arrow, but the rear rim as some dents in it which is gonna happen to any wheel on a DH bike. Only needed to tighten 2 spokes the whole time as well. Definitely some sweet wheels worth checking out. I should be running them again this year and I'm psyched on that!!

dlb

Monkey
Apr 15, 2004
socal
I just go a pair of the Enduro I-9's, laced to a new DT 5.1 27-28mm rim and the set weighs 1830g's. Black hubs on black nipples, they really look nice, Ill try to get some pic's up later tomorrow.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
where's that picture of Ace Ventura talking out of his ass...?
I think crazybiker300 is doing the same...

I've had those wheels in my hand at the same time I've had my own set of Singletracks built up...both 32 spoke..they are retardedly light. And yes, to see how beefy the threads are that screw into the hub, you have to see them in person. Plus, the spoke would break WAY before the hub EVER would.