Quantcast

Indy 500

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Anyone else watching?

Will Michael do it?

Are we sick of the Danika Patrick hype yet? (YES!!!)

500 miles, all for a drink of milk and a kiss of bricks.

:thumb:

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Ciaran said:
Anyone else watching?

Will Michael do it?

Are we sick of the Danika Patrick hype yet? (YES!!!)

500 miles, all for a drink of milk and a kiss of bricks.

:thumb:
oh **** it. am at work and will be for the next 4 hours!!!.

switched with a guy:bomb: for the weekend. forgot about indy.

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
man what a start...and effin cbs tryin to compete with abc by doin the f1 race on tape at the same time instead of runnin it at 7am like they usually do...and they started it 16 laps into the race

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
cannondalejunky said:
man what a start...and effin cbs tryin to compete with abc by doin the f1 race on tape at the same time instead of runnin it at 7am like they usually do...and they started it 16 laps into the race
But the F1 race is about 1000x better

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
cannondalejunky said:
TIVO.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
ummbikes said:
Why come in a thread about the Indy 500 and hate on the race? An urge to start some crap perhaps??
Someone mentioned a superior race going on at the same time, that is all.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Comparing Indy to F1 is like comparing cyclocross to road riding. The machines kind of look the same, and there's crossover with competitors, but they're completely different sports.

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
it's good to have a tv with twin views...runnin indy 500 on one side and f1 on the other....btw anyone else see the fan that got hit by the carbon fiber wing

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I watched touring car races saturday night.

Indy/F1/Nascar....meh

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
cannondalejunky said:
HOLY COW!!! WHAT A FINISH!! that was nuts...although i'm glad hornish won it would have been cool if marco or michialle had won
WORD!

That was super cool. I think if the kid would have just floored it instead of trying to block he might have won. :clue:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
ummbikes said:
WORD!

That was super cool. I think if the kid would have just floored it instead of trying to block he might have won. :clue:
Rookie mistake! He should have floored it AND blocked Hornish!

Awsome finish and a good race.

Chang, we don't get much A1 coverage here. But then auto racing is about as popular as soccer here. I've been kinda keeping an eye on the A1 series and it seems way cool. I like the 2 race format for race day, and having identical cars produces a true drivers race. I like it, and I hope it gains in popularity.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Sherpa said:
But the F1 race is about 1000x better
Alonso lead wire to wire and won by 14 seconds with 3rd over 50 seconds back. The only thing mildly exciting was seeing how many places Schumacher could get back after being regulated to last place on the poll for that cheeky move during qualifying.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
got home from riding in time to catch the final 75 laps. kanaan and wheldon were robbed by the scourge of racing nowadays. the late race caution flag. i hate those damn things with a passion.

and then the young andretti absolutely gave that race away. i'll bet his dad and grandfather sat him down with video and said w.t.f. ?
hornish probably couldn't believe his eyes when he saw marco slow up after blocking him entering turn three.
nothing like having the 500 handed to you by an inexperienced kid who didn't know that you don't ever back off the gas on the last lap at indy.