Quantcast

Info on Titus

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
I have often wondered about that, why if a company puts out a good product , and has a constant flow of sales ( that keeps up with inflation ) is it not considered a success ? why does it have to be growing a double digit pace all the time ?
Is titus or the owners of titus traded on the stock market?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I have often wondered about that, why if a company puts out a good product , and has a constant flow of sales ( that keeps up with inflation ) is it not considered a success ? why does it have to be growing a double digit pace all the time ?
If a company is profitable it needs to do something with those profits.

1: Return profits to the shareholders as a dividend
2: Bank it
3: Reinvest

If the company is opting for #3 and not growing then it really isn't profitable.

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
I have a titus (hammerhead) and have been real happy. The founder is now running pivot and I would consider one of their bikes in the future.

That being said, I wouldn't just give up on titus because it is part of a bigger company. What matters is the bike.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
I gave up on Titus after 2006.

Feeding my disheartening is the fact that I'm replacing the 3rd set of seatstays on a 18mos old Racer X, ridden by a 160lbs XC rider.

I've worked on 2 Hammerhead 100Xs this week, and the look, feel, and finish of those frames is so much more impressive than the RX with the busted stays.