Quantcast

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Those bikes were enslaved by you. Some kind libertarian merely came along and freed them from bondage to your ass. And you have the nerve to call it theft!

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
It sounds like all involved need more adult supervision.

Oh, and if you and your park-nymph don't replace the bikes, you are complete a-holes.

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
Story of that Night this is a unfinished ROUGH DRAFT I will have finished product after I turn this in.

Jack and coke makes for one of my favorite all time beverages. The mixture of two American classics, Coca Cola and Jack Daniels can only be described as perfection. The only downside of this godly elixir is that it has a tendency to get you plastered and keep you awake well into the night.

A Wednesday or two ago I was enjoying said mixture during a warm summer night with a group of good friends. The evening was going perfect, soothing beats were being played over a nice stereo, laughter was commonly erupting from the group as story and drinks were shared.

Around one thirty the night began to taper off and people began to leave. Early be by most people’s standards but who could blame them? It was a Wednesday night. I had work the following day, but I was in no hurry to get home.

I began talking to one of the guests, her name was Jessica, and she liked to ride bikes drunk. How perfect I thought, so do I. My bike, however, was nowhere to be seen. I looked down the drive way and noticed two bikes. PERFECT. I walked or stumbled to the host, she was really drunk, and asked if it would be possible to borrow her bikes for a late night ride. She said yes, but told us not to loose them.

Jessica and I began our descent to a local elementary school. We road the bikes around the blacktop for a good ten minutes before deciding on heading to the swings. We set the bikes in front of the swings and began enjoying the once amazing childhood event. After about eight swings my stomach did a back flip. To much sugar, to much Jack, this was a combonation for disaster.

“Hey Jessica, want to check out the nature trail? I haven’t been up there in days”

“Sure” she replied, “Why not?”

We walked the bikes over to the creek and set them along the fence. It was late, who would be out? We spent some time exploring trail, checking a cool try, climbing on a bull dozer. It was awesome. We then headed towards the back of the school. Jessica then burst into song, not a big detail, but it was amusing

After finishing the song we head back to the bikes. She was the fist to notice.

“The Bikes are gone”

“What!?!”

Sure enough, a blurry glance over, I see the truth in her statement. Great… This evening is not going to end well at all.

After scouring the school for near an hour, we bowed our heads and walked back to party to confess ourselves.

On the walk back, I learn a very important detail.

“Julia is going to kill me”

“Why would she do that?” I asked “We will just have to replace them”

“Well… the thing is, I kind of got another one of her bikes stolen”

“Oh fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck”

At first I thought this wouldn’t be a big thing, but now, now I was worried.

We get back, walk up the stairs, Jessica and I go inside for some fortification. Her drink of the night was Malibu and Orange soda, surprisingly delicious. I make myself another Jack and coke, heavy on the Jack in preparation for onslaught that’s about to begin.

We walk to Julia. She is passed out. I wake her, tell her.

“WHAT?!” She yells. “I need you guys to get out of my site for a little while, I just need to think this over”

We walk down stair and onto the grass, sit for a bit. Jessica then heads back up the stair.

I hear Julia roar with anger “WHAT THE **** STILL DOING HERE? GET THE **** OUT OF MY HOUSE.”

Seconds later Jessica walks down the stairs.

Fucccckk I think to myself.

“I can’t go home” Says Jessica

“That’s cool, we can crash at my place”

The walk back to my place was short. We go inside, drink some water and hit the hay. We lay awake contemplating the evening, while listing to a very chill play list. I decide I want to watch a movie, so we turned it on.

I can’t fall asleep. Too much caffeine is coursing through my system. Jessica gets tired, passes out. I lay awake, spend time on my computer, read the news. Around five I fall asleep.

At six I wake with a start. My door was opening, my dad looks in

“WHA Wha Huh?!!” A mess of syllables erupt from his mouth. He closes the door in a hurry. Possible trying forget the scene he just witnessed.

Last edited:

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Could you have shortened that to, "I got drunk and abandoned two bikes that weren't mine because I was trying really, really hard to get some without succeeding?"

Bike thieves suck, but so do those who are careless with things that aren't their own.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
At six I wake with a start. My door was opening, my dad looks in

“WHA Wha Huh?!!” A mess of syllables erupt from his mouth. He closes the door in a hurry. Possible trying forget the scene he just witnessed.
I thought you lived in an apartment with a room mate.

Or, your dad is an over weight gay black man ?
:think:

useful tip : never publish unfinished work, it's unprofessional to say the least.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Just to clarify, I didn't actually read the whole thing, just the last sentence. I just assumed it was a sugar coated version of the original.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Could you have shortened that to, "I got drunk and abandoned two bikes that weren't mine because I was trying really, really hard to get some without succeeding?"

Bike thieves suck, but so do those who are careless with things that aren't their own.
It could be shortened even more to, "I'm and idiot and I like to advertise it."

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado

Nah, I was dating her friend at the time. Plus she was 16

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
So you're sayin' it should have been even shorter...

ED: BTW, it's "i before e except after c," if ya haven't heard...

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I wonder what 'ol Dad would say reading this thread? I think he'd halt internet access. Best to keep this kind of thing in the family.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
. Her drink of the night was Malibu and Orange soda, surprisingly delicious.
This sentence right here sums up your whole story.

That story reminded me of when my fixed dog humps my leg.
Yeah, he is all over the place, but he is not getting anywhere.
At least the real "Neverending Story" had a big flying F***ing dog.
Try one of those next time.:twitch:

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
At least the real "Neverending Story" had a big flying F***ing dog.
Try one of those next time.:twitch:
I wouldn't lend him my Luckdragon. It might end up drunk, stolen, or as fodder for the imagination after the fact...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Jack and coke makes for one of my favorite beverages.

I was enjoying said mixture during night with a group of good friends.

Around one thirty I began talking to one of the guests, her name was Jessica, and she liked to ride bikes drunk. My bike, however, was nowhere to be seen. I looked down the drive way and noticed two bikes.

Jessica and I began our descent to a local elementary school.

&#8220;Hey Jessica, want to check out the nature trail? I haven&#8217;t been up there in days&#8221;

&#8220;Sure&#8221; she replied, &#8220;Why not?&#8221;

We walked the bikes over to the creek and set them along the fence. We spent some time exploring trail, checking a cool try,

&#8220;The Bikes are gone&#8221;

After scouring the school for near an hour, we bowed our heads and walked back to party to confess ourselves.

&#8220;Julia is going to kill me&#8221;

&#8220;Why would she do that?&#8221; I asked &#8220;We will just have to replace them&#8221;

&#8220;Well&#8230; the thing is, I kind of got another one of her bikes stolen&#8221;

&#8220;Oh fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck&#8221;

I hear Julia roar with anger &#8220;WHAT THE **** STILL DOING HERE? GET THE **** OUT OF MY HOUSE.&#8221;
Fixed.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I wrote my version of RR's night, I couldn't keep it up here. Just too much and I actually know the guy in real life.

Last edited:

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Look at the big brain on that one...

Chicks dig you for your mind, don't they?
Well, it was actually more of the exit from a theater, now that I think about it, so I do have a devil-may-care, anti-intellectual, bad-boy streak.