Quantcast

#@{%ing Heat wave!

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
What heat wave??????????????????????????????????????????????????

My 10 day forecast:
Daily Highs between 81 and 74
Daily Lows between 64 and 66

Chance of rain - 0% across the board.

;)

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
111 today. 109 the rest of the week.
Plan B: Get in my truck and go to Tahoe.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Stop complaining. We had 1 month of rains here and all the trails are close to unridable here. Heatwave FTW.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Our summer finally started. Up until a week or two ago I was wearing long sleeves and riding in the rain still. We are hitting highs around 85, not too bad. I'm hoping it stays like this the rest of the summer.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Mid-low 70's. Glad it's been heating up because my peppers needed some heat.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
I will take the heat over this rain any day. Trail riding on shiitay mud hole filled trails sucks almost as bad as cleaning a mud covered bike.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Much better this week. Couds and very heavy rain moved in over the past 3 days, have had highs of mid to high 90s... but right now it's an insane 79 degrees and super cloudy @ what should be the hottest part of the day.

Rock on... it's my rest day today, but tomorrow I'm gonna get a nice recovery ride in on what hopefully a really pleasant feeling day.

BTW, our hottest day during the heat sh!tstorm was 116 (not including heat index)... that's Iraq weather right there. Forget about a dozen virgins, if it was that hot all the time, I'd blow myself up just for some AC and ice water.

Last edited:

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Pretty sweltering here in Charlotte too. Next few days should be rain though, that'll cool things down.

It's sad but my wrist has been healed for about a month now, just haven't ridden because of how hot it's been.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
From anna-
When I was little, we found a man. He looked like - like, butchered. The old woman in the village crossed themselves... and whispered crazy things, strange things. "El Diablo cazador de hombres." Only in the hottest years this happens. And this year, it grows hot. We begin finding our men. We found them sometimes without their skins... and sometimes much, much worse. "El cazador trofeo de los hombres" means the demon who makes trophies of men.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
The official temperature at Waco Regional Airport hit 100 degrees Monday afternoon for the 63rd day this year, tying the record for total 100-degree days set in 1980.

The record for most consecutive 100-degree days, which was also set in 1980, fell last Thursday when the official Central Texas temperature topped 100 for a 43rd straight day.

Clouds and rain held temperatures to less than 100 degrees on Saturday, ending the unbroken streak of 100-degree days at 44.
...and the weather continues to happen... :happydance: