Quantcast

Input needed for Rockville Park in Fairfield!! DH/FR input I think...

matt12

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Napa, CA
Here is a copy of the original post on MTBR:
Link to it: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?postid=1383406#poststop

Hey all,
The Ranger for Rockhill Park in the city of Fairfield is requesting info on what she can do to make the park more enjoyable for your type of riding. It is rare that any division of government asks for input to make things better for you, so this is pretty amazing. The rangers name is Teri Luchini and she is a biker as well, so she is on our side. Personally I'm not a DH'er, so the ball is now in your court. Her number is: 707-428-7614.

Cheers,
Chip

Just X-posting this over here incase anyone has anything to say...
It would be cool if we could get a DH/FR sort of place going down here.
-Matt

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
It depends on what she is going to limit things too.

- Man made, state endorsed trail elements like ladders, drops, gaps and log rides would be killer.

- A truck/shuttle accessable trial on which berms, jumps, drops and areas for speed could be built is key. Also, posting on this that it is a DH trail, and that UPHILL WALKING/RIDING and/or HORSES are either prohibitied or are a very bad idea would be key.

- A teeter totter.

- A dirt jump park.

Any or all of these would be great. If the head ranger and the state gave the thumbs up, I know a lot of the monkies would come out to build, especially in CA.

matt12

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Napa, CA
If all that could be done, that would make my day (year, actually)
They do have plenty of shuttleable roads and stuff, I would be fine with climbing as well though, most of the park is sloped very little, but some fun stuff could be built none the less.

I asked in the MTBR thread if she had an email as I would much rather use e-mail than telephone, but I guess I will give her a call as well...

It would be great if we could drum up a LOT of interest for this.
-Matt

matt12

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Napa, CA
I X-posted this to MSDHW, and the original post is on MTBR (DH/FR forum as well as Norcal).

If anyone has anywhere they think would be good to post about it do so, this would be so cool if it happened.
-Matt

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I tried to call, busy signal. Good sign, or the original post is a hoax and she's keeping her phone off the hook.

matt12

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Napa, CA
Seems like something may actually be done. She said that it's obvious there is a group of DH or FR people who need something to ride as the trails they have available aren't design for such use.

She said she isn't sure of all the guidelines or regulations, but that they have a $30,000 grant and she would/could use part of that towards this project.

Basically it is in the idea stage, she is looking for people to get in touch (she needs a lot of people behind her) but she wants people to call in, leave their name and number, etc and hopefully we can get together a forum and talk it over. Share ideas and solutions.

Anyway, my suggestion is to call her even if you are far away, just get your name out there so we can have this meeting. Sounds like something could happen if we can round up enough support.
Spread the word. W3RD.

-Matt

matt12

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Napa, CA
Cool. Let's keep the calls going. I would recommend you just leave your name, number, and address so when the meeting(s) come she can get a hold of you...

Just for perspective Rockville is about 1 hour and 20 minutes from San Jose, 1 hour from Marin and about 50 minutes from San Francisco.

-Matt

ghettogt76

Monkey
Dec 5, 2001
Pleasant Hill, Kali'fo'nya
This is great news! I've ridden at rockville a few times but found myself getting kind of bored after a bit. If we can build some stuff, that would be KILLER!!

I'll give her a call tomorrow. I'd also be willing to volunteer some time to help build trails. Would anyone else be willing to help too?

matt12

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Napa, CA
ghettogt76 said:
This is great news! I've ridden at rockville a few times but found myself getting kind of bored after a bit. If we can build some stuff, that would be KILLER!!

I'll give her a call tomorrow. I'd also be willing to volunteer some time to help build trails. Would anyone else be willing to help too?
Nice, give her a call man, this is beginning to shape up.

I'm sure people would be willing to help, but it seems she isn't that far yet... Chances are there will be sort of a forum or meeting somewhere down the road and we will discuss what's to be done then.
-Matt

Raacerx

Monkey
about how much potential elevation is there? Im not familiar with Rockville, is there room to build an actual trail(s) or just sort of a freeride park? Probably the first encouraging thing Ive heard since the rumor about a bike park in Pacifica.

ghettogt76

Monkey
Dec 5, 2001
Pleasant Hill, Kali'fo'nya
Raacerx said:
about how much potential elevation is there? Im not familiar with Rockville, is there room to build an actual trail(s) or just sort of a freeride park? Probably the first encouraging thing Ive heard since the rumor about a bike park in Pacifica.
There is plenty of room for trails, but I don't thikn there is a ton of vertical descent. Better than nothing though :D

matt12

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Napa, CA
There isn't much vertical, true. It's a fairly small park I think. But there is enough of a slope there to get you going quick and enough room to build some fairly lengthy trails in the right spot, with enough stuff to still be fun, it wouldn't be a super steep, long descent though. I would envision more of a more gradual grade filled with rocky trails, drops, jumps, etc. But no huge steeps.
There are plenty of rocks as well in most places of the trails there.(hence the name):blah: