Quantcast

Input on Jamis? Especially the Jamis Nova FS

Arsbars

"Finger Lickin' Good"
Mar 25, 2003
Charlotte, NC
Looking at the Jamis Nova Frameset as a commuter bike, mainly because the price I can get on it. It's steel, comes with a Kinetic carbon fork. Anyone have any knowledge in Jamis, or their frames? My new shop carries the crap out of them so I'm trying to ride something my shop sells.

Thanks! :help:

Squeak

Get your pork here.
Sep 26, 2001
COlo style
It is a good deal for that frame. Jamis makes pretty solid stuff, and it will make a versitile bike for commuting, even CX racing. :)

I had toe overlap problems on the one I test rode, but if your used to it on a road bike, shouldn't be a problem.

Arsbars

"Finger Lickin' Good"
Mar 25, 2003
Charlotte, NC
Yeh I'm not used to toe overlap.. but I wont be running the knobs like that are on a stock model. I'll prolly have slick 700x28c on there. I'll be commuting about 20 miles each way starting whenever I get the frame. Can't do that on knobs :)

Colin

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
in my tiny apartment
I bought a Nova frame because of the price and the quality of construction/material. But, I have my heart set on running singlespeed, so I just picked up a Surly Crosscheck. Thus, I have the frame for sale in B&S.

I guess this qualifies as spam. Forgive me.

Still it's a great frame (me thinks), and if it had horizintal drop-outs I'd be running it in second.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
i raced the dragon (853) ht for a year and a half, really nice bike. there frame sets are top of the line but are nice, good quility. I'm not sold on thier f/s stuff BUT i have several friends who are racing thier high end frames and they like them and havent had any problems.