Quantcast

Insane walk for food...

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Yesterday afternoon Megan and I went for a walk to get some food. THe place was about a mile away and it was cool and misty so we decided just to hoof it. Anyway, as we were walking down the access road we come up on this chainlink fence with lots of barking growling dogs. Didnt really bother me as they werent trying to jump over it really... Then Megan turns around and yells holy ****... I turn around to see what she is freaking about and there is a Rotweiler barreling down on us in full on attack mode. There was really no where to run so we couldnt outrun the dog so I stopped Megan whe was in the middle of taking off in a full out run and I wrapped my jacket around my fist and started backing up with large slow steps... The dog was makbe 10 inches from my stretched out hand with jacket on it. As freaked as I was I was fully prepared with a plan. I was going to give him my jacket covered hand to gnaw on while I got his ass in a headlock to throw him over the fence with the other dogs. Luckily he never got any closer than a few inches from my hand and walked away after we had takes a good 10-20 large steps backwards. Freaked us out real good though.

Now the second half of the story.

The place we were going was closed so we went to this little burger joint. It was basically a drive through only place that had a tiny little front lobby with 6 barstools against little bar areas on either side lobby. We had just ordered our food and were sitting and talking at the bar area when this girl and her crew comes in. Without taking an order the girls crew sits doen on the barstools. The girl starts yelling and freaking out at the cook about the fact that she wanted $10. The cook says "I dont have it right now Ill call you after work is over" she replies with, so you gonna call me when you get a break... gimme ten dollers"... he comes back with something like no I dont git no break, I'll call you after I get off"... again she starts with the same thing, "so yeah, you gonna call me on your break... gimme $10 so I can put diapers on my baby"... This went on for like 20 min in which time the dude COULD have been cooking our food. She finally left, but I can tell you that I couldnt even fathom the nerve of the chick, yelling across the bar to this cook as he was trying to work.

After we got our food whe had a good laugh about that chick... I'll never be able to hear someone asy gimme $10 again without cracking up.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
hehe.

Gimme ten dollah.

Bubb Rubb says, "wooowoooo."

Remember, dogs smell fear. They also smell anger. A friend's dog -- ~70# dalmation -- bit me one time and nearly got ahold of my cheek bone and eyeball. I was so fookin' pissed and nearly pounded the dog. I didn't, but he was so scared of me that he hid whenever I came over.