Quantcast

[insert-wing-ding]Bean Juice Thursday[/insert-wing-ding]

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
present. storage shed finished. the bulk of my under-deck project is wrapped up. just need to get some soil to grade the yard side of the edging stones.

i didn't get any truly before pictures. i'd had a wood pile, a bunch of junk, was a mix of dirt gravel and weeds. this is after it had been cleaned and graded:

1659010446433.png

after:

1659010492149.png

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
3 shots of espresso nothing else added

need to load up human and dog food plus some clothes into the camper after work today. I want to be able to get home and get the hell onto the road as soon as I get off work Friday afternoon in hopes of making the river in time for fishing the evening rise. ( fishing gear is already on board).

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
never again....outdoor summer concert....

security thought it was ok to nag me every time i had my head down while seated at show...

why is your head down...you drunk ?

no....hot as a motherfucker....

how come you are sitting down ?

i paid for the fucking seat....im going to sit in it

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Back from a RM hiatus! There was need for an unplanned visit to my mom last week :(, but things are looking better for her again now. Travelling during peak vacation time sucks. Returned back to DK later than planned and sadly missed meeting @pinkshirtphotos in Copenhagen as we had planned. Dammit! :rant:
Was not feeling well upon return either, Covid tests stayed negative though. Today I am kind of feeling normal again, guess it was just the stress and heat that caused my body to request a break.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. French press doing it's thing. Hannah slept with us last night because we had one hell of a storm. Ran into a coworker at the concert last night. Was hoping to meet up with a plan head of benefits, but weren't able to. Practice test for CFP course today; final course test tomorrow. Then everything that's been delayed for a month starts... One class left after this.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I have not worked an end of sprint Friday in like 3 sprints, so tomorrow should be interesting. I have a ton of stuff to do before then, so hope for the best.

I will say despite the lack of camping this year I have enjoyed our vacation schedule.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
booked tickets to maine last night to help my parents get ready to move to assisted living the following week.

coffee, porch time, then perhaps into the office.

will need to go to dmv soon to get kid's car titled and registered when insurance company sends proof of insurance. ugh.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
booked tickets to maine last night to help my parents get ready to move to assisted living the following week.

coffee, porch time, then perhaps into the office.

will need to go to dmv soon to get kid's car titled and registered when insurance company sends proof of insurance. ugh.
does this mean you will be moving to Maine?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
present. storage shed finished. the bulk of my under-deck project is wrapped up. just need to get some soil to grade the yard side of the edging stones.

i didn't get any truly before pictures. i'd had a wood pile, a bunch of junk, was a mix of dirt gravel and weeds. this is after it had been cleaned and graded:

View attachment 179727

after:

View attachment 179728
Goddam - you don't half-ass these things, do ya? :D

<snip> we had one hell of a storm.
2nd in a row at ~midnight. We got a SHITLOAD (for here) of rain out of that one and the one the evening prior.

<snip>
will need to go to dmv soon to get kid's car titled and registered when insurance company sends proof of insurance.
How was that for a shocker when you saw the premium increase? :panic:

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
woke up way tooo early today, Got a decently okay night of sleep. The sky was dark and the birds were still asleep at 5:00 sorry to brag iRider. iPhone ear speaker prob has smoked the bed so I don't want and might have to get a new one before the newer one comes out. Most of bikepacking is put away, bike is back together. Slowly transitioning into work again. This trip was the longest I've gone without driving since getting my license. That feels good when usually 3-4 hours m-f are driving. Got behind the wheel to the grocery store and felt so silly (2020 Promaster 2500 159 wheel base high roof).

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
little dude had yet another doctor's appointment this morning, and we have yet another antibiotic to try. This time clindamycin. Dr. seems convinced that it's not the topical ab ointment that's causing the inflammation...not sure I agree but am not doctor; will not diagnose.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Yes, yes you should. Naps rule !
Absolutely no argument there.

little dude had yet another doctor's appointment this morning, and we have yet another antibiotic to try. This time clindamycin. Dr. seems convinced that it's not the topical ab ointment that's causing the inflammation...not sure I agree but am not doctor; will not diagnose.
Bummer about the ordeal. Sucks when your kid is going through something that the doctors are having a hard time figuring out/treating.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Accepted the Team Leader job. So now instead of doing work, I just have lots of meetings to talk about doing work.

First issue, one of the guys on the team refers to our boss as "Queen". I can't tell if it's a term of endearment or derision, but I'd wager it's the latter. So that's fun.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Accepted the Team Leader job. So now instead of doing work, I just have lots of meetings to talk about doing work.

First issue, one of the guys on the team refers to our boss as "Queen". I can't tell if it's a term of endearment or derision, but I'd wager it's the latter. So that's fun.
You could address his lack of professionalism or perhaps just bestow upon him the title of nightsoilman.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

Congrats! Welcome to middle management, the most stressful and thankless position in corporate Murica.