Quantcast

inspired by BS's gold tooth thread

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Westy said:
I seriously want to invest in the tattoo removal industry. I predict huge profits.
No kidding! It seems like more and more 18 year old kids are getting tattoos on their arms and necks. You know it's only a matter of time until they regret getting visible tattoos. I have a few friends who have some tattoos on their forearms, and they regret it...

As for my "dress code," it's worse than working at Disney: I must have conservative hair, no facial hair, dark colored suits, white shirts only, conservative ties, black or dark brown shoes (polish able leather only), you get the picture. At least we have "casual Fridays," which means we can leave out ties at home...

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
It's not that I have anything against piercings perse. I think it's ugly and stupid, but it has nothing to do with me. I guess I have the biggest problem with the companies that allow it. It's about learning to show respect for your customer. Of course having a steel rod through your eyebrow does not impede you ability to ring up the merchandise. But it makes a statement. And while you're at work is NOT the time to be making this statement....whatever the hell it is. The companies allowing their angst-ridden employees should be teaching them basic respect. While the piercing doesn't hurt your job performance, taking it out for the duration of your shift also won't kill you....after all that's how you were born right? The kids need to be taught that an employee (in this position) should be "peronal statement free". The customers don't give a crap about how you feel inside....or whatever.

You can rebel and make personal statements all you want, but do it on your own time.