Quantcast

Instacash. But not for you.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I will delete my account if they do that. I am more and more tempted to find a new service to replace Facebook and Instagram but its not Google plus.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
It's not if. When. Goes live Jan 16th and if you haven't deleted your account by then, photos become property of Instagram. The biggest place to get stock photos, where they don't actually pay for any of the material....

Last edited:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Update Tuesday 2:50 p.m. PT: Instagram has backed down, as we report in this CNET article posted a few minutes ago. It says it will "remove" the language that caused a user revolt over the last day.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
The comments in that article are gold:

OH NO. There is no way they can have rights to any of my pictures of what i had for lunch and my starbucks drinks and occasionly colorful macaroons. Back off my macaroons!
Some people are more creative than that and put some effort into their pictures.
I apologize to all the true Instagram artists out there. My mistake. Keeping doing what you do.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wifey, surely like many others, deleted her acct within 15min of reading the article. Kept it just long enough to make sure she still had copies of everything. Once again, Facebook does something stupid w/out thinking about the consequences.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark