Quantcast

Instigators bikes and stuff

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
I haven't posted to much lately, but still snoop almost every day. Thought I would show everyone what I have been up to.

First off, I have been dabbling in machining up bar end caps. I made this set to go directly over lock-on grips. 1st pic shows the inside and the lock-on in the left one. 2nd one is the outside.

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
Putting the bottle cages on the tool board is a sweet idea! That would be a great use for my old cages that I never use.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Instigator said:
First off, I have been dabbling in machining up bar end caps. I made this set to go directly over lock-on grips. 1st pic shows the inside and the lock-on in the left one. 2nd one is the outside.

Nice! Hook me up with a pair of McGRP01 caps! :D

tartosuc

Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
montreal
Nice :thumb:

I reallly like the idea of mounting bottle cages to hold the wd-40 and bike lube...I didn,t know what to do with my old water bottle cages!

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
First of the 3 bikes I own is the Yeti 575. I have had this bike almost 1 full year now and still it is an awesome ride. I use this for XC racing and trail riding.

Next is the hardtail. Woodman D
This is used for street riding/ dirtjumping and possibly a single speed if I ever get the itch to change it over. Geometry is almost identical to the Kona Cowen size medium, but lets me adjust the chainstay length much shorter. I have been dabbling in a little bit of trials riding and wanted the shorter stays.

Last and newest, The Downhill bike. I have only had the chance to pedal this around the neighborhood, so I am really hoping for warmer weather to start coming around. I present the Sinister R9. Damn sexy :D

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
As for the bar end caps, I am limited to the time I can use the machines at work, so production is out of the question. I do plan on making a few sets at some point, but they have already been spoken for by some of the Jackalopes.

As for the bottle cage idea-------> Stuntmatty is the brains for that one. :thumb:

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Instigator said:
Last and newest, The Downhill bike. I have only had the chance to pedal this around the neighborhood, so I am really hoping for warmer weather to start coming around. I present the Sinister R9. Damn sexy :D

So when are you bringing this sexy thing out to Cali? ;) :D

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
MMcG said:
Woah! nice bikeys you've got there Instigator!
Thanks Mark. I sold a bunch of stuff off and had enough money to finish off the 3 bikes. Because of other life and money issues I plan on leaving the stable like it is for quite some time. You already new that I liked the Yeti, I am very happy with the hardtail (a couple of engineering issues, but.....) I have had about 6 rides on it and have actually done a few things that I couldn't ever before. As for the R9, I can only hope it fits my style.

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
Shyrmp said:
So when are you bringing this sexy thing out to Cali? ;) :D
(Other life and money issues) I won't be doing much traveling for some time chicky. :(
I have played a lot and it has come time for me to set myself back on the right track.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Good stuff Ralph. Is the 575 actually built like it is pictured? I thought I remembered you saying it was a bit flexy at one point.

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
jacksonpt said:
Good stuff Ralph. Is the 575 actually built like it is pictured? I thought I remembered you saying it was a bit flexy at one point.
Changes from the pic:
1. Aluminum bar instead of carbon.
2. Easton mag DH stem instead of Thompson. (only because of different reach)
3. 2.35 tires instead of 2.1 exception tires

I have a new set of hubs, but am waiting till I kill the spinergys before I build them up.

I would also like to get a Pike fork for it, but again spending money is a no-no.

oh, and I believe the flex comes from the wheels and my fat arse.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Good to see you posting again Instigator, I remember a day a few years back when all of the threads on the first page of the lounge had you as the last poster. You were frenzieing that night:) ;).... anyway nice quiver you've got there mate. The Sinister is a work of art.

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
Good looking stuff! If you manage to make end caps for all of the Jackalopes let me know, I'd love to sport a pair of those lock-on caps!

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
TreeSaw said:
:drool: That Sinister is SEXXXY!!!!

What will you be pedaling around Rays?
I plan on taking the Woodman. That bike just feels good to play on :D

Thanks all for the nice words. I look forward to a great year of riding and hanging with friends.

Back to riding bikes, not buying and selling them :thumb:

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
no, you never told me you had the woodman, nice build on the sinister. i want to ride....
very cool bar end caps though. i'd order them for all my bikes.....bummer haha
you should come see the barrel adjusters, they are much nicer.
cheers!