Quantcast

Intenes Cycles - OFFICIAL PR about the team

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
jwebbins said:
What I see is that you are all friends of people at Intense, hence your natural desire to want to bash anyone that is not.
I'm certainly not friends with anyone at Intense, but I have a hard time disagreeing with stik's early post that said regardless of what went on between the two parties that resulted in Sunseri's leaving, he is out of line sending out flase press releases post-termination/resignation. I have a hard time imagining any new facts from either side somehow maknig that right.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
ohio said:
I'm certainly not friends with anyone at Intense, but I have a hard time disagreeing with stik's early post that said regardless of what went on between the two parties that resulted in Sunseri's leaving, he is out of line sending out flase press releases post-termination/resignation. I have a hard time imagining any new facts from either side somehow maknig that right.
Gotta say I agree with Ohio here...no matter what the stories...sending out BS press releases under the guide of being the official voice of a company is extremely bad form, no matter how you slice it.

I also want to point out that I agree with Brian, no one is going in depth about stik or their connections, as it really isn't our place to comment and mention names.

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Jeremy R said:
No, but if I can get a time and date, I will try it out at the next NORBA meeting. :blah:
That would go over well at the No Off Road Bike Association meeting I think. I want to go to that one. :mumble:

Sep 10, 2001
Ironically enough, Nick was my connection at Intense.... However, I think the filter on our mail here prevented me from getting the press releases...

Brian

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
jwebbins said:
No I have been in the industry for quite some time. I didn't realize I was actually "calling anyone out". For a group of people with the connections everyone claims to have, I guess I just expected a bit more maturity in the responses people have posted. I am the first to admit that I don't know all the facts. The only ones that do are the owners of Intense and Mr. Sunseri. Everyone here has their own opinions of the situation, whether it is for or against Mr. Sunseri, that is the right of the person responding. This is why we have forums. What I see is that you are all friends of people at Intense, hence your natural desire to want to bash anyone that is not. So for anyone to bash me for being a "newbie", that is fine go for it. I'm an attorney and a long time fan of mountain biking and happened to see this post. That is why I responded.

Now will mrstickandbones call Mr. Sunseri to get his side as well, or will his information strictly attained by individuals at Intense? Just curious..

You are an attorney? with this type of behaviour? no wonder our legal system is shot to hell. ;)
At any rate, I do not even know how my name became so popular in this thread, I never even took a 'side', really. I came to a conclusion that an ex-employee wrote some BS press release (see: Intense will have a race team and IS still going racing) just to get a stab back at an ex-employer based on facts (See: press release that was full of BS)...no matter who I am friends with, who I know, whose story is what, these are the facts. Send out BS press release to do harm to a company on purpose=Shady, end of story.

As for me calling Nick, why would I do that? Intense has a race team now and will continue to have one-what is the point of calling him and asking? I am a fan of the sport, a spectator-not a journalist anyways. As for the owners of Intense, I do not even discuss race stuff with Jeff, we talk about our kids and other crap. I just hope no one ever thought I was speaking on behalf of Intense, because I am not. I do not know what went down between all of these guys, I just know I saw a PR that was incorrect written by someone who was just 'let go' end of story.

Sep 10, 2001
stiksandstones said:
As for the owners of Intense, I do not even discuss race stuff with Jeff, we talk about our kids and other crap.
Ahh... Discussing the more important things in life.. :thumb:

Brian

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
jwebbins said:
Has anyone actually seen the press release everyone is so disgruntled about?

It was reported and posted all over the place, including bigger publications. Even Velonews had it posted, but it's gone now. Lots of people saw it as the nail in racing's coffin.

And I have to agree with most of the people here, you don't need to know much detail to opine that issuing a false press release is pretty lame. If that's taking sides, then so be it, feel free to side with the fraudulent PR guy. It has nothing to do with what actually went down between steber and the PR guy - it's about unprofessional conduct and poor judgment. Hopefully it will prevent that dude from getting another PR job. I can't imagine anyone would be willing to give him authorization to issue press releases and otherwise communicate with media on their behalf after this little stunt.

:stosh:

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
now this here is a top rate thread....the drama between people over things that have no effect on them is awsome.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
BC VAN said:
now this here is a top rate thread....the drama between people over things that have no effect on them is awsome.
Welcome to world of online discussions. These are the best kinds of threads.

Pbody

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
stiksandstones said:
You are an attorney? with this type of behaviour? no wonder our legal system is shot to hell. ;)
At any rate, I do not even know how my name became so popular in this thread, I never even took a 'side', really. I came to a conclusion that an ex-employee wrote some BS press release (see: Intense will have a race team and IS still going racing) just to get a stab back at an ex-employer based on facts (See: press release that was full of BS)...no matter who I am friends with, who I know, whose story is what, these are the facts. Send out BS press release to do harm to a company on purpose=Shady, end of story.

As for me calling Nick, why would I do that? Intense has a race team now and will continue to have one-what is the point of calling him and asking? I am a fan of the sport, a spectator-not a journalist anyways. As for the owners of Intense, I do not even discuss race stuff with Jeff, we talk about our kids and other crap. I just hope no one ever thought I was speaking on behalf of Intense, because I am not. I do not know what went down between all of these guys, I just know I saw a PR that was incorrect written by someone who was just 'let go' end of story.
Confusion solved, I think I can solve the mystery.

The main confusion starts here. . . .Nick never issued a Press Release. Why do I say this? Well let's look at the FACTS . . . . .

Decline's news post on their website was not a press release from Nick nor Intense. It was something they wrote after talking to Nick, probably based on what Nick was told when he was laid off on Monday. If you read it, there is a lot of hypothesizing going on.

Then, on Thursday, Intense sent a "Press Release" email, that actually contained 2 bits of information, from Nick's computer, using his email address, because all of the "Contacts" for the PR were in his email directory. It's clear that this did not come from Nick himself as he no longer worked there on Thursday. The dual PR in no way states negative information about Intense or their future plans. It's clear that it came straight from the head honchos at Intense. But it does a lot of hypothesizing; the word "intend" was used a lot.

Now everyone slow down, think clearly, and begin retracting all the negative things you assumed. Then smile.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Pbody said:

The main confusion starts here. . . .Nick never issued a Press Release. Why do I say this? Well let's look at the FACTS . . . . .

Decline's news post on their website was not a press release from Nick nor Intense. It was something they wrote after talking to Nick, probably based on what Nick was told when he was laid off on Monday. If you read it, there is a lot of hypothesizing going on.

Then, on Thursday, Intense sent a "Press Release" email, that actually contained 2 bits of information, from Nick's computer, using his email address, because all of the "Contacts" for the PR were in his email directory. It's clear that this did not come from Nick himself as he no longer worked there on Thursday. The dual PR in no way states negative information about Intense or their future plans. It's clear that it came straight from the head honchos at Intense. But it does a lot of hypothesizing; the word "intend" was used a lot.

Now everyone slow down, think clearly, and begin retracting all the negative things you assumed. Then smile.
I have been watching the West Wing marathon, so I have press releases and reporters on the brain.

There is "misquotes" and "misrepresentations". Unless you doubt Decline's integrity, I am sure they would stand by their interview with Nick Sunseri.

If you are talking with a reporter or a magazine writer, you should be careful about what you say. There could be a debate about what was said and what was printed, but any false representations turn to stone when they become print.

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133377

As for the "rumor" fest which is RM, I appreciate the inside info on a sport which I have little direct connection but follow carefully. I can intrepret what I read here, and RM'er will call you on your sh*t if sounds like BS.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Exactly the type of scenario I could have imagined happening, hence my suggestion to stay quiet since none of us are directly involved and will never know exactly what was said by whom etc...

Pbody said:

Oct 8, 2005
Mexico
OK, back to the important stuff, i've been searching for "MS Racing" in google and the only cycling oriented link contains something campagnolo socks with MS racing, the rest of the links showed motorcycles and some japanese auto parts. So are they talking about MSC?? the same brand of David Vasquez'sssssss bikes? or is it an eurpean cycling team...
thanks

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
DylanDeanDesign said:
I woulda posted this in the other e-speculation threads....but i know it'd get lost in all the topic changes....so here ya go. fresh off my email

Press Release:
Intense Cycles to pair up with MS Racing of Austria for 2006. MS Racing will be representing Intense Cycles as the official factory race team.
This will be a european based operation focusing on UCI World Cup Racing, select US races such as the Sea Otter Classic, and Crankworks festival.
Intense Cycles and MS Racing intend to continue to use the powerhouse duo of Chris Kovarik and Sabrina Jonnier for next year and beyond.
Intense is a racing based company and fully intends to keep the heritage of racing on all levels, pro and amatuer.
Intense Cycles will be expanding the "Demo Tour" for 2006, this is a selection of our finest bikes that travel the US in search of new riders, coming to a dealer or trail head near you.

Press Release:
Intense Cycles Inc. Marketing manager Mr. Nicholino Sunseri is no longer employed by or associated with Intense Cycles Inc.
Mr. Sunseri has chosen to send false and malicious press releases and emails to anyone who will listen. Mr. Sunseri has also notified the media that he is the representative for Chris Kovarik, this is false information. Mr. Kovarik is under contract to Intense Cycles USA.
Please disregard anything he has sent you.
There are always three sides to each story. His, hers, and in the middle you'll find the truth. However, in a situation like this, you don't need to hear both sides to know that Mr. Sunseri was WRONG! I find it hard to believe someone would do something like this--talk about burning your bridges.

Imagine if a PR person from a Furtune 500, publicly traded, company did something like this? Investors would lose a ton of money, and the person who made the false press release would probably be indicted and held finically responsible for the company’s losses.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
BC VAN said:
Hey EC, here's the part of the net that makes guys like you tune out and ride their bike. It's the same as your quote from Transcontinental..."..then go drive in traffic" only it's online traffic.

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
bizutch said:
Hey EC, here's the part of the net that makes guys like you tune out and ride their bike. It's the same as your quote from Transcontinental..."..then go drive in traffic" only it's online traffic.
naw..this stufff makes me laugh....i don't think it's a laughing matter that in some way there was misrepresentation, not sure from who as i don't know the story...but either way someone isn't happy.

i do think it's funny how serious people got....someone lost there job...the worker and company don't see it the same way....happens everyday.

i tune out on the bike, but not from stuff like this.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
la_cleta said:
OK, back to the important stuff, i've been searching for "MS Racing" in google and the only cycling oriented link contains something campagnolo socks with MS racing, the rest of the links showed motorcycles and some japanese auto parts. So are they talking about MSC?? the same brand of David Vasquez'sssssss bikes? or is it an eurpean cycling team...
thanks

http://www.ms-racing.at/

Eigil

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
East County
Fonzie18 said:
Sad, sad. Things like this make me wonder why the hell I chose this "great" sport... Not only is it struggling to maintain recognition as a legitimate part of cycling, the people who supposedly represent it are among the worst. Granted Nick was a bit shady and I do not know exactly why he was let go...but come on. The past 3 years that I have been supposedly "involved" in this industry have proven to be quite shady. From heads of warranty @ progressive trying to sell me shocks under the table to companies who simply do not want to talk to you. It's almost a joke being at the races, everyone is in their little clique, like bitchy gossiping schoolgirls (same goes for this forum). People's Egos get the best of them and suddenly they are too good for the rest of the mountainbiking community. For god's sake, it's mountainbikeing not Formula 1 racing! Poker games get more airtime than a World cup!
If it even makes a difference, Nick treated me well. He always delivered product when needed. And introduced me to many people, I wish him good luck.
I'll say the same. He always gave me a great deal and good support.

Transcend, you have a half-ass magazine worth barely ****, and Stickman is an over-glorified mechanic. Get off your high horses.

Sep 9, 2004
Littleton, CO
Why do we have to bring this up again? If you wanna talk sh!t on stick or Transcend (which might not be the best idea) just start a new thread, not bring up something from last October!

I'll start your thread for you. Title: I'm a moron!

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
you brought up this thread to say that??? :nuts:

it blows my mind to think that someone would be searching posts that are 5 months old, and think it's a GOOD idea to resurrect some post just to badmouth someone. here's a clue, if you have new information on Kovarik, or want to talk about how interesting it is that after all those rumors the Intense team is alive and well, great, bring this post back up. if you just want to trash someone and jump into an argument that's 5 FREAKIN' MONTHS OLD, just start a new post so I can put you on my ignore list and not have to even bother reading your crap.

:teacher:

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
What he said...

...besides if you want to eat your own and run smack talk about other people for no apparent reason, go to Pinkbike or certain parts of MTBR. They seem to enjoy it there...

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Eigil said:
Stikman is an over-glorified mechanic. Get off your high horses.
Thread from October? you could have just emailed me the hate mail-or started a new post of your hate for me. Nick can thank you though for bringing up this bad thread...bad press is good press right?

Your post does summarize everyones 'cool' factor in life..."he was cool cause he gave me a good deal". That is awesome someone is cool because they hooked you up, but I am a dick for being honest and not giving you a deal. Sweet brah!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Stik is cool caused he hooked me up with some parts cheap..and gave me his dish soap at snowshoe to wash my bike...but he's a douce because he won't send me lots of boutique brand clothes from his wife's store for my wife at pro-deal.....douche, douch'e, douche', duchee, doosh, doushe, doo-shh. :D

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
stiksandstones said:
Thread from October? you could have just emailed me the hate mail-or started a new post of your hate for me. Nick can thank you though for bringing up this bad thread...bad press is good press right?

Your post does summarize everyones 'cool' factor in life..."he was cool cause he gave me a good deal". That is awesome someone is cool because they hooked you up, but I am a dick for being honest and not giving you a deal. Sweet brah!
He probably wants your job as Lopes' fluffer!!!! :) :) :) :)

Eigil

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
East County
You guys totally missed the good support part. When my bike broke, he found me a loaner. If I needed parts, he'd find them for me. He even covered my entrance fees a few times when I was short on cash. The support and friendship was there, which I can't say for many people in this half-assed garbage industry. Him working at Chumba is great for Chumba. His file sizes might be huge, oh no, cry me a river. Press releases are just stupid propoganda for the naive masses anyway.

MadDHer

Monkey
Mar 8, 2006
Hi guys, a little while ago I was considering buying an Intense, but with this turmoil I think that if I get an intense, I won't have their support if something goes wrong...any words?