Quantcast

Intenes Cycles - OFFICIAL PR about the team

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
San Diego area, California USA
I woulda posted this in the other e-speculation threads....but i know it'd get lost in all the topic changes....so here ya go. fresh off my email

Press Release:
Intense Cycles to pair up with MS Racing of Austria for 2006. MS Racing will be representing Intense Cycles as the official factory race team.
This will be a european based operation focusing on UCI World Cup Racing, select US races such as the Sea Otter Classic, and Crankworks festival.
Intense Cycles and MS Racing intend to continue to use the powerhouse duo of Chris Kovarik and Sabrina Jonnier for next year and beyond.
Intense is a racing based company and fully intends to keep the heritage of racing on all levels, pro and amatuer.
Intense Cycles will be expanding the "Demo Tour" for 2006, this is a selection of our finest bikes that travel the US in search of new riders, coming to a dealer or trail head near you.

Press Release:
Intense Cycles Inc. Marketing manager Mr. Nicholino Sunseri is no longer employed by or associated with Intense Cycles Inc.
Mr. Sunseri has chosen to send false and malicious press releases and emails to anyone who will listen. Mr. Sunseri has also notified the media that he is the representative for Chris Kovarik, this is false information. Mr. Kovarik is under contract to Intense Cycles USA.
Please disregard anything he has sent you.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
That's good news :thumb:

Although, it's kinda sad that alot of these US companies are jumping ship and giving up on US racers and racing instead being part of the solution.

jmtf40

Chimp
May 30, 2005
I was holding out hope for NORBA, but I think this is a clear sign that the industry isn't holding their breath. But, maybe Intense will still have a strong race presence in the US, by supporting more at the grassroots level. Ok, if Intense, Iron Horse, (I don't think I saw Rennie either)and Santa Cruz are jumping ship I wouldn't be surprised if there are more to follow. This sucks!! As a amateur I had fun at the Nationals I went to this year. WHy are all the top pros boycotting Norba? I know there isn't a lot of money. Don't they make most of there money off of sponsorship deals anyway.
Are there any plans to get another "national series" going if the Norba dh scene totally dies out

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Inclag said:
That's good news :thumb:

Although, it's kinda sad that alot of these US companies are jumping ship and giving up on US racers and racing instead being part of the solution.
It is not their job to be part of their solution.
Their job is to sell bicycles, and they want to put their racers in places that will give them maximum coverage for their dollar.

And Norba races ain't it.
That was obvious this year.

I am at least glad that these guys still have a ride, and can rip it up next year.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Jeremy R said:
It is not their job to be part of their solution.
Their job is to sell bicycles, and they want to put their racers in places that will give them maximum coverage for their dollar.
Oh, I know. The Almighty $$ controls everything.

I'm just dissapointed at how bad the state of racing is. For us amatuers there are still plenty of races out there, but it has got to suck for the Pro's. I would have suspected that someone would have stepped up at this point on their behalf.

Feb 10, 2003
A, A
that sux..sunseri was a cool dude..now hes gonna be blackballed from the industry. intense needs to get some ****E together and get people their bikes when they say they will.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Wow...
Nick Sunseri is shady man, sending out BS press releases and lying!!!

The worst part in all this, is some dumba$$ at a bike company will still hire him, considering the fact all the morons that are still around.

Hopefully he will just go away, this crap Nick sent out this morning lying about Team Intense is grounds for a lawsuit.

Thanks JDD for the PROPER word on Team Intense.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
None of us know EXACTLY what really went down between Intense and Nick so why are we posting here taking sides??? :rolleyes:

It wouldn't be the first time a disgruntled ex-employee and his ex-employer disagreed on the exact reasons for terminating their relationship. Everyone has their own version of "the facts". That's all I'm saying...

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
punkassean said:
None of us know EXACTLY what really went down between Intense and Nick so why are we posting here taking sides??? :rolleyes:

It wouldn't be the first time a disgruntled ex-employee and his ex-employer disagreed on the exact reasons for terminating their relationship. Everyone has their own version of "the facts". That's all I'm saying...
Yeah but sending out a false press release when your the marketing/PR opens ya up to a whole world of legal issues, and is just plan wrong not matter what goes on with you and your employer. It's about as unethical as you can get.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
punkassean said:

Taking sides??? the disgruntled employee put out some bullsh!t press release and LIED about the current and future state of Intense's race team and THEIR business. No matter the reason for the 'letting go' no one has a right to pull some immature and amateur moves like that. I look at it this way, I wont be getting 2mb word files (Nick's Press Releases) in my mail box anymore now.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
stiksandstones said:
Taking sides??? the disgruntled employee put out some bullsh!t press release and LIED about the current and future state of Intense's race team and THEIR business. No matter the reason for the 'letting go' no one has a right to pull some immature and amateur moves like that. I look at it this way, I wont be getting 2mb word files (Nick's Press Releases) in my mail box anymore now.
i missed th eoriginal press release...i set up spamassasin to kill these stupid emails at their source..his friggin press releases were retarded big.

I even emailed him numerous times asking to no longer send any attachments as they would be instantly and automatically deleted.

moron.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Transcend said:
i missed th eoriginal press release...i set up spamassasin to kill these stupid emails at their source..his friggin press releases were retarded big.

I even emailed him numerous times asking to no longer send any attachments as they would be instantly and automatically deleted.

moron.
I should have done the same...fistiferouisly

jwebbins

Chimp
Oct 13, 2005
Wow it's so refreshing to see such literate individuals. Mr. "Stiksandstones" must really be in the know to have such detailed information as to what is really going on here. Sorry but I have a really hard time reading ignorant responses. I was a recipient of Mr. Sunseri's press releases and I never found them "retarded big". If people want to continue racing mountain bikes then they need to respect the jobs of those trying to promote the sport. In being a business owner myself I personally would have never posted such a knee jerk reaction on a web forum. I would like to think I have a bit more tact than that. Maybe that is why the sport of mountain biking will never expand beyond what it is, companies such as this one are constantly displaying their lack of professionalism. Grow up people!!

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
jwebbins said:
Wow it's so refreshing to see such literate individuals. Mr. "Stiksandstones" must really be in the know to have such detailed information as to what is really going on here. Sorry but I have a really hard time reading ignorant responses. I was a recipient of Mr. Sunseri's press releases and I never found them "retarded big". If people want to continue racing mountain bikes then they need to respect the jobs of those trying to promote the sport. In being a business owner myself I personally would have never posted such a knee jerk reaction on a web forum. I would like to think I have a bit more tact than that. Maybe that is why the sport of mountain biking will never expand beyond what it is, companies such as this one are constantly displaying their lack of professionalism. Grow up people!!
And you would be? everyone knows who we are....Also I can assure you that mr stiksandstones has a closer relationship with intense/its owners then you will ever know.

As for quoting me...any moron who sends 2-3mb WORD docs to my email as a press release....gets cut off at the source. 2-3mb IS "retarded big" when a 10k text email will do (and won't potentially contain virii etc).

hucked2bend

Monkey
May 24, 2005
Bend, Oregon
Nick had is coming, & yes I do have first hand knowledge of how he deals with people & his shady way of doing things, shoulda bowed out quietly.

Karma's a bitch, aint it ; )

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Transcend said:
And you would be? everyone knows who we are....Also I can assure you that mr stiksandstones has a closer relationship with intense/its owners then you will ever know.
stik married to leigh donovan
leigh donovan is business partners with jen Gabri-something italian.
Jen married to Steber (and Simon's ex girlfriend)
Steber owner of Intense Cycles.

That's pretty close, no?

jwebbins

Chimp
Oct 13, 2005
Yes I will quote you. And sorry to crush your little ego, but not everyone knows who you are. I will have to just agree with Dante's post. We'll see who's telling the truth at Sea Otter.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
jwebbins said:
Yes I will quote you. And sorry to crush your little ego, but not everyone knows who you are. I will have to just agree with Dante's post. We'll see who's telling the truth at Sea Otter.
That's right, random bitter guys who register with an internet forum to post 1 whiny post don't know me. My life is much better off that way, but thanks for playing.

It is clear you have no clue as to what you are talking about, when some of us clearly do. Go away troll.

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
Sad, sad. Things like this make me wonder why the hell I chose this "great" sport... Not only is it struggling to maintain recognition as a legitimate part of cycling, the people who supposedly represent it are among the worst. Granted Nick was a bit shady and I do not know exactly why he was let go...but come on. The past 3 years that I have been supposedly "involved" in this industry have proven to be quite shady. From heads of warranty @ progressive trying to sell me shocks under the table to companies who simply do not want to talk to you. It's almost a joke being at the races, everyone is in their little clique, like bitchy gossiping schoolgirls (same goes for this forum). People's Egos get the best of them and suddenly they are too good for the rest of the mountainbiking community. For god's sake, it's mountainbikeing not Formula 1 racing! Poker games get more airtime than a World cup!
If it even makes a difference, Nick treated me well. He always delivered product when needed. And introduced me to many people, I wish him good luck.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
jwebbins said:
Sorry I didn't realize this was a friends forum. That gives me all the answers I need.
So you think there's a forum somewhere where you can sign up and with your first post call out one of the most industry-connected people on the forum?

Let me know when you find that forum :p

Sep 10, 2001
Gotta love the newbies.... Jwebbins, are you new to this board or the mountain bike industry in general?

stiksandstones has many connections in this game.... I bet with one phone call, he could get all the details the rest of wish we knew... But he is also professional enough not to post them with out Jeff @ Intense giving him a green light..

Brian

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Classic that none of y'all have still not mentioned exactly who Stik is and that you'd rather just continue chastising this fella. Why not share the knowledge instead of ridicule the unknowing?

edit: Hi Brian. Long time!

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
tmx said:
Classic that none of y'all have still not mentioned exactly who Stik is and that you'd rather just continue chastising this fella. Why not share the knowledge instead of ridicule the unknowing?

That's pretty close, no?

See above post.
How much clearer do you want it?
Maybe a dancing telegram detailing Stik's life story. :D

jwebbins

Chimp
Oct 13, 2005
No I have been in the industry for quite some time. I didn't realize I was actually "calling anyone out". For a group of people with the connections everyone claims to have, I guess I just expected a bit more maturity in the responses people have posted. I am the first to admit that I don't know all the facts. The only ones that do are the owners of Intense and Mr. Sunseri. Everyone here has their own opinions of the situation, whether it is for or against Mr. Sunseri, that is the right of the person responding. This is why we have forums. What I see is that you are all friends of people at Intense, hence your natural desire to want to bash anyone that is not. So for anyone to bash me for being a "newbie", that is fine go for it. I'm an attorney and a long time fan of mountain biking and happened to see this post. That is why I responded.

Now will mrstickandbones call Mr. Sunseri to get his side as well, or will his information strictly attained by individuals at Intense? Just curious..

Sep 10, 2001
tmx said:

Bad form to name people.... Stik can give out his info if he wants..

Brian

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Jeremy R said:

That's pretty close, no?

See above post.
How much clearer do you want it?
Maybe a dancing telegram detailing Stik's life story. :D
Sure, if the dancing telegram actually highlighted the person himself instead of most of his elite connections, that would indeed be substantially clearer. Don't need his life story, but thanks for offering. :thumb:

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Brian Peterson said:
Bad form to name people.... Stik can give out his info if he wants..

Brian
Totally agree Brian, 100%. Which is why I haven't spoken specifically either. But to rip this dude apart for not knowing who he is seems pretty wack. Why not just let Stik stick up for himself or introduce himself if he so choses? So when I say to the people who rub me the wrong way about their strange ways of flexing on the unknowing that education is better than chastising, something as simple as "the guy worked very closely on the elite side of the industry since about day one" would suffice. Vs. calling out who he is. Know what I'm saying?

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
jwebbins said:
What I see is that you are all friends of people at Intense, hence your natural desire to want to bash anyone that is not.
Actually these people are friends that share quite a bit in the industry. I can attest they are not partial to Intense but generaly pretty even with there opinions about different companies based on technical evaluation and experience. It would be out of charactor for them to bash someone because of the relationship/s you asume.

jwebbins said:
So for anyone to bash me for being a "newbie", that is fine go for it.
In the real world would you walk into a room and call out "hey *$$holes you are all wrong* ? If you did wouldn't you expect some people in that room to be angry and biased toward you.? Well, got news for ya buddy, that is exactly what you did. the fact that you are new to the forum (virtual room) doesn't help because nobody has any idea who you are yet.

jwebbins said:
I'm an attorney and a long time fan of mountain biking and happened to see this post. That is why I responded.
Attorny, hhhmmm......so what big deal we allready got those here and engineers, designers, scientist bla bla bla and some are not of just the e-type either, they are real. This forum is frequented by some of the top industry mechs, engineers, media personel in the industry from around the world, not to mention company owners, management and the riders at the very top. Oh by the way that's the people you are talking with for the most part. Thanks for being a fan, truely I mean that and thanks for responding, I truely mean that also. Please stay awhile, enter into thread conversations a little smoother especially untill you have some idea who you are addressing. :evil: