Quantcast

Intense 29er DH bike

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
I love my Lenz PBJ Dh 29er but would really love one of those 2951 or M29 to match my M9 that is almost built up.
Pretty please

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I'd ride a DH 29er, but i'm not a little guy, so it would fit me perfect. The hate is funny. Some people act like a person on a 29er bugs them so bad that it's going to ruin their day.

What happened when companies started coming out with different suspension designs? Did everybody hate on them because they were coming out with something "new" and "different"?

I have no idea how a 29er DH bike would feel on a trail, but I sure as hell wouldn't think about it so much that it would make me slower. I figured most people on this forum know how to ride and don't necessarily let the bike slow them down. Usually your skills can carry you through, unless some of you out there suck so bad that it comes down to every half degree of head angle and every ounce being factored in.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Some people act like a person on a 29er bugs them so bad that it's going to ruin their day.
They ruined a couple of my trail riding days! Have you been on a 3 hrs ride with guys on 29ers? Last time I felt like I was at a car dealer. They tried to convince me that my bike was sh!t, that I should get a 29er ASAP, blablabla..... :rant:
The only time I could buy myself some peace was on the downhills.....because my 26er 5.5 was surprisingly faster there. :D

dhr-racer

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
A, A
I know an issue alot of people i know are having with the 29er horde is the fact that when they are a far superior rider to rider B and rider B goes and gets a 29er, rider B wont stfu when he can suddenly keep up because he can ride tech sections better without really learning how to ride the tech section first. It turns Big mouth novices into self proclaimed experts and condescend everyone on a 26. A real expert rider know how to kill it on a 26 or a 29, but now wont touch a 29 because of "those guys"

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
I know an issue alot of people i know are having with the 29er horde is the fact that when they are a far superior rider to rider B and rider B goes and gets a 29er, rider B wont stfu when he can suddenly keep up because he can ride tech sections better without really learning how to ride the tech section first. It turns Big mouth novices into self proclaimed experts and condescend everyone on a 26. A real expert rider know how to kill it on a 26 or a 29, but now wont touch a 29 because of "those guys"
A good way to get around that is not to ride with douche bags :rofl:

It's crazy to me how half the people who are anti 29er are anti because of the way some people who ride 29ers act... I'm pretty sure if all of my riding buddies got a 29er (and one or two have) that I wouldn't have to put up with hearing how I needed to get one unless I asked.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
They ruined a couple of my trail riding days! Have you been on a 3 hrs ride with guys on 29ers?
I have been on 3 hour rides with 29er people. I AM a 29er people.

I admit, I do mention how different it is when riding over bumpy stuff compared to my old 26er. But i don't tell anybody that they HAVE to get one. I just tell them that it works for me since i'm taller.
Oh, and i know how to ride. My 29er doesn't slow me down anywhere. Tech, turns..............nope. My skills work the same no matter which bike I'm on.:thumb: