Quantcast

Intense 951 and chain guide?

canucks

Chimp
Sep 12, 2009
can anyone shed any light on what chain guide I can run with a bashguard on a 951? I just ordered a Gamut P30 and am having issues getting it on there without seriously modifying the roller bolt/nut (ie. grinding it!) - it contacts the linkage. Yes i've tried using washers but then it seems to move the top guide portion too far out to allow a chain to fit.

zebrahum

Monkey
Jun 22, 2005
SL,UT
You can always call E13 or MRP if you're looking for a new guide. Their customer service is great and you'll be getting the knowledge straight from the source.

PhilipW

Monkey
Mar 13, 2007
Leominster, MA
can anyone shed any light on what chain guide I can run with a bashguard on a 951? I just ordered a Gamut P30 and am having issues getting it on there without seriously modifying the roller bolt/nut (ie. grinding it!) - it contacts the linkage. Yes i've tried using washers but then it seems to move the top guide portion too far out to allow a chain to fit.
Hey canucks,
The 951 has ISCG-05 tabs that are rotated too far counterclockwise. This, along with the lower linkage that protrudes out causes problems with a good number of chainguides (and not just ours).

I do know that the SRS+ and LG1+ will fit (with the SRS+ a little bit better). The rotation will still be a bit off (due to the ISCG-05 tabs), but the guide will work.

The rotation for the ISCG-05 tabs is limited due to the pivot placement. The lower linkage would also need to be made asymmetrically to allow another 2-3mm of clearance in the area where a lower chainguide roller would be. With Intense's top notch in-house manufacturing capabilities, I imagine that they're already in the process of adjusting these things for future bikes.

For your current situation, I say break out the grinder or find a slightly shorter bolt. For most of our guides (and some of our new ones) we use fairly common metric bolts that you can find at a hardware store.

Cheers,
philip @ e*thirteen