Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Turner DHR (DW link)

Votes: 29 29.9%

• Total voters

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
What's the point of this pool? You don't seem like you want to buy it so do we all have to do yaay, naay for the frames we like? Especialy that you listed only 3 out of many interesting frames that will be released soon.

BTW. Last time i checked Evil was still to be released in 09.

ronan

Monkey
Dec 7, 2007
Toulouse, France
for ridemonkey dreamers? id say the dw dhr

in real life? the new giant, look at how popular the old ones are, good suspension design, good spec and incredible price

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
DHR reminds me of a more race specific bike...

It looks like the revolt is a more capable all rounder for downhill stuff, big drops, to high race speeds? Wrong impression here?

Feb 7, 2006
who cares, this is like girls locker room bull****, its a bike. ride it, have fun. its so functionally irrelevant its not even funny.
ridemonkey is based on the girls locker room bull****, it is so huge right now , that downhill forum on ridemonkey should be called collectors lounge of weightweenie dh rigs , so i don't see a problem in posting threads like these...

slowitdown

Monkey
Mar 30, 2009
polls like this are useful mainly for indicating who rides a bike, and who just posts internet drivel that amounts to a fantasy life revolving around daydreams about owning a particular bike.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
polls like this are useful mainly for indicating who rides a bike, and who just posts internet drivel that amounts to a fantasy life revolving around daydreams about owning a particular bike.
Can I do both simultaneously ? ;)

slowitdown

Monkey
Mar 30, 2009
Which one are you? :pirate2:
let's see... I don't have 10,268 posts so that means... what?

I come here to read good info on DH not some 14-year-old kid's fantasy about what bike he'd build if his daddy was the CEO of Widgetron Inc.

this thread falls into the latter category, not the former. I realize that a lot of people who post regularly are e-riders who build and photograph bikes more than they actually ride bikes. I realize that. I'd just prefer to see those poseurs in a thread devoted to fantasies, wishes, dreams, hopes. it's a lot like the threads where people talk about how a bike will ride based on its photograph... or worse, where people talk about suspension design based on a bike "looking like" another bike.

I know. I ask for too much.

Last edited:

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
let's see... I don't have 10,268 posts so that means... what?

I come here to read good info on DH not some 14-year-old kid's fantasy about what bike he'd build if his daddy was the CEO of Widgetron Inc.

this thread falls into the latter category, not the former. I realize that a lot of people who post regularly are e-riders who build and photograph bikes more than they actually ride bikes. I realize that. I'd just prefer to see those poseurs in a thread devoted to fantasies, wishes, dreams, hopes. it's a lot like the threads where people talk about how a bike will ride based on its photograph... or worse, where people talk about suspension design based on a bike "looking like" another bike.

I know. I ask for too much.
:clapping: Every time I read a post where someone says "that bike looks just like xyz brand's xyz bike" I want to punch my computer. And yeah, Pinkbike is full of 14 year olds and Ridemonkey is full of e-riders who build and photograph bikes more than they actually ride... cough....(resists urge to name names).... cough...

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
:clapping: Every time I read a post where someone says "that bike looks just like xyz brand's xyz bike" I want to punch my computer. And yeah, Pinkbike is full of 14 year olds and Ridemonkey is full of e-riders who build and photograph bikes more than they actually ride... cough....(resists urge to name names).... cough...
The list of names would probably be 4 pages long!

JCL

Monkey
Aug 31, 2008
The adjustability of the Revolt alone makes it's the most interesting of those three.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Sheesh, who gives a crap about how much someone rides, or e-rides? Aren't we posting here because we like bikes?
Don't lie to yourself. You know that people e-ride bikes are better than people who e-build them and that the numer of posts is inversly proportional to your riding ;) Also both those gangs fight each other and after a certain number of posts there is a high probablity you will get shot in a drive-by. Usualy performed by a unknown monkey that is still allowed to ride due to small post count ;)

Alloy

Monkey
Aug 13, 2004
thousand oaks, ca
I thought this was a good poll and confirms my suspicion that people will buy a bike that looks amazing over one that has engineering superiority. (which is debatable but I'm keeping this simple) ...not saying I'm above that either... just like the rest of you whores I would rather have a great looking bike than one that may have a better method of moving the rear wheel up and down. Engineers take note.