Quantcast

Intense 951 - who ordered one?

Gregor

Monkey
Oct 8, 2006
Lake Louise, AB
Hey guys,

who ordered an intense 951?

does anybody already got his frame? Pictures?

What size should I go with? I rode an ironhorse sunday in large before.

Cheers Gregor

ceng.dog

Chimp
Sep 23, 2007
I ordered mine a couple of months back.
Still waiting, still no info on exactly what is available re: FRO/regular differences
A waiting game....

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
I was at the factory yesterday and the assembly line was pumping out 951's like mad, boxin' and shippin' so they are flowing. Sounds like you may want a large, but you would have to be more specific with your riding style, how tall you are, etc...

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
I was at the factory yesterday and the assembly line was pumping out 951's like mad, boxin' and shippin' so they are flowing. Sounds like you may want a large, but you would have to be more specific with your riding style, how tall you are, etc...
You went to China? Oh no wait still made in SO CAL the way they should be! That is one sick looking bike:happy:

Gregor

Monkey
Oct 8, 2006
Lake Louise, AB
i am 6 foot tall. most of the times i liked the size of my large sundays. But on some tracks it was too long. I would have prefered the sunday with sam hills geometry. I always ride downhill tracks, no freeride or something like that.

saintdad

Chimp
Jun 24, 2009
TEMECULA
i work at intense and we are putting out a lot!!!! they should be available very soon. if you want one and can find a big dealer place your order the bigger the company the faster you will get it. im also selling a brand new socom if your interested. and you will probably need a large, the geo. on this bike is bad ass and you can adjust quite a bit of stiff on it.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
i work at intense and we are putting out a lot!!!! they should be available very soon. if you want one and can find a big dealer place your order the bigger the company the faster you will get it. im also selling a brand new socom if your interested. and you will probably need a large, the geo. on this bike is bad ass and you can adjust quite a bit of stiff on it.
Please don't tell me you work for Intense in their press release department.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Meduims have been shipping for 2+ weeks now.

Stik are the Larges being boxed or meduims still?

Gregor,
I'm 5'11" and I ride a medium M6, I love the size of my bike. Pretty much 100% spot on for me. I do prefer a slightly short TT which my M6 has. If you like a tight cockpit go meduim, of not go large.

Any one wanna buy my M6 frame with a CCDB? :)

dap

Chimp
Jul 25, 2006
Central, NY
Called Intense today and Large 951's will be shipping within days (at least mine is to NY). Mediums shipped first, then small, now large. The first batch is accounted for and they are already on to batch 2. I will definitely post photos when I get mine but there are quite a few nice ones floating on the Intense forum. Making the jump from my demo to 951!! haha can't wait!
Photo is courtesy Jeff (owner) from Intense... this is their complete bike kit to purchase.

Attachments

Last edited:

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
I just showed that picture ^^^ to my GF and the first thing she said is that it looks feminine. Then she said that she likes it. Haha.

Good looking bike. I'd like to take a lap on one.

tomacdaddy

Monkey
Feb 2, 2005
Minturn, CO

I had never truly felt comfortable "steering" a bike with the rear wheel until riding this 951 this past weekend in Crested Butte. You can jam the rear end of this bike anywhere (rocks, roots, berms, flat turns, etc.) and it sticks while continuing to accelerate. Takes rear wheel "tracking" to another level. Super balanced through the travel and uber stable at speed.

Can't wait to get my own!:rofl:

Last edited:

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.

I had never truly felt comfortable "steering" a bike with the rear wheel until riding this 951 this past weekend in Crested Butte. You can jam the rear end of this bike anywhere (rocks, roots, berms, flat turns, etc.) and it sticks while continuing to accelerate. Takes rear wheel "tracking" to another level. Super balanced through the travel and uber stable at speed.

Can't wait to get my own!:rofl:
Am I seeing things or is the rear tire flat?

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
tomacdaddy said:
had a few bikes just like that, try tightening the pivot bolts ;)

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
the Chain Reaction team bikes are killer looking. gold bits on the CCDB, anno'd blue brakes, bright blue bike, gold Dorado....sick

the team was riding at Morzine this week and killing it

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Yeah killer deal its supposed to be 38LBS with Outlaw wheels! HAHAH
* 951 FRO frameset
* Rock Shox Vivid 5.1 rear shock
* Rock Shox Boxxer Team Fork
* SRAM X9 drivetrain
* Avid Elixer Brakes
* Truvative, bar, stem and post
* Azonic Outlaw Wheelset

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
The complete kit is gonna retail around $4700-$4900 but it will come with a black boxxer team.
From MTBR:

951 FRO available as complete

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are offering a slik build kit for the 951 at $4951.00 usd complete.
This is a race ready setup at an incredible price.
Package includes:
951 fro frameset ( choice of color]
Top end rock shock suspension with 5.1 Vivid & new Boxxer team.
Sram X9 drivetrain
Avid Elixer brakes
Truvative, bar, stem, post
Azonic Outlaw 150 wheelset
Chainguide,saddle,grips,tires, tubes, etc.
Basically everything you need to hit the track except pedals.
Kit will come with black boxxer and direct mount stem.
Complete weight wo pedals @38.5 as pictured.
See your Intense dealer to order one!

dap

Chimp
Jul 25, 2006
Central, NY
Mine arrived yesterday!!!!@!@ I bought a white large and will be posting pictures up after Wednesday (that's when the 823, cranks, etc come in). Also, here is the CRC 951 which is sick! (Credits: Unknown, let me know and I will replace with your name)

Attachments

Gregor

Monkey
Oct 8, 2006
Lake Louise, AB
Mine arrived yesterday!!!!@!@ I bought a white large and will be posting pictures up after Wednesday (that's when the 823, cranks, etc come in). Also, here is the CRC 951 which is sick! (Credits: Unknown, let me know and I will replace with your name)
could you please post a picture of the frame? have to see the large frame right now. Thank you!

HEM3

Chimp
Dec 7, 2006
could you please post a picture of the frame? have to see the large frame right now. Thank you!
[+1]

I'm selling my medium M3 and looking for some large Intense. I guess 951 could be the one.

Gregor

Monkey
Oct 8, 2006
Lake Louise, AB
well guys, i will order my frame tomorrow or in the next days (actually there is a large one on the way for me) But i am still not sure if i should go with a large frame or a medium frame :confused:
Does somebody know the seattube length of the large sunday?
I am afraid that when i order a large frame that i will just ride it in the short setting but i love the low BB which i would have with the long setting...i dont know. Who has the large frame already and can help me out? Somebody got a picture of a large one?
Thanks guys!