Quantcast

Intense 951 - who ordered one?

NateH

Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
i work at intense and we are putting out a lot!!!! they should be available very soon. if you want one and can find a big dealer place your order the bigger the company the faster you will get it. im also selling a brand new socom if your interested. and you will probably need a large, the geo. on this bike is bad ass and you can adjust quite a bit of stiff on it.
Am I the only one here who has worked at a small to mid size shop and thinks that this is BS? Intense Dealer Relations = :banghead: If my midsize shop pays for a frame, I don't give a **** if super go buys one a day later, I should get mine first.

Or you could just send it in 2 weeks....

dh gangster

Monkey
Jul 31, 2006
P en Doubleyou
Am I the only one here who has worked at a small to mid size shop and thinks that this is BS? Intense Dealer Relations = :banghead: If my midsize shop pays for a frame, I don't give a **** if super go buys one a day later, I should get mine first.

Didn't supergo become performance bike?

Haha but in all seriousness, intense dealer relations have been pretty sketchy. I think it's partly to do with the dealer representative, and partly to do with their big business first structure, i would agree in saying i dont like it.

ceng.dog

Chimp
Sep 23, 2007
6 have arrived in the land down under this week - 20 were ordered, but couldn't be supplied.

I put a pre-order in the moment it was confirmed they were being made.
Thanks to the Tassie rep :thumb:
(Out of the 6 - 3 are going to the smallest state in Australia - he's a hard worker!)

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008

Dunno if this has something to do with dealer size. My LBS is doing only limited numbers of Intense frames a year but I always get my stuff pretty fast and early on. Maybe your dealer doesn't pay his bills. ;)

spliffy

Monkey
Dec 10, 2007
DURANGO Colorado
i don't know what you mean by this coment I own a small shop about 800 square feet and while we sell a good amount of intense bikes i know i am a small fish in a big see of stores. And Intense's dealer relations have always been dead on and friendly. They always get me bikes quick and with no hassels. We Have already gotten two 951's in the shop, in the last three weeks. They value their dealers equaly, there is a back log of bikes and what do you expect this is a 2010 model. just wait and next time you call to check on your order maybe try and be polite instead of freaking out on the sales guy. They are trying their best to get everyone what they ordered inthe bad economic times.

Didn't supergo become performance bike?

Haha but in all seriousness, intense dealer relations have been pretty sketchy. I think it's partly to do with the dealer representative, and partly to do with their big business first structure, i would agree in saying i dont like it.

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
Fantastic looking bike. Should have waited to replace my Socom...V10 doesn't seem to fit my riding style, or local terrain.

Last edited:

dh_newbie

Monkey
Jun 7, 2006
Hong Kong
I also wanted to ask the 951 owner?

- Did the 951 correct the SOCOM Flex rear problem?
- Would you like the rear end adjustment drop out hole fabrication shape. I think they can make it much better. As I know they had been drilling three hole at the rear end and assembled the drop out on it to do the adjustment.

Why they do not make three set of dropout when you are buying the frame and make a fixed hole at the frame?

Gregor

Monkey
Oct 8, 2006
Lake Louise, AB
yes they have 3 holes which you can see very good, if you look a the sicklines preview. I cant say anything about the difference to the socom...ive never ridden one. When I tested the 951 it didnt feel flexible. Will see how mine works in the mountains...ill let u know!

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Why they do not make three set of dropout when you are buying the frame and make a fixed hole at the frame?
Intense dropouts are expensive....in the neighborhood of $150 US. THey were trying to keep the price of the 951 reasonable and if the holes work, they save you and me three hundred dollars. There is ALWAYS a 'better' way to do things, but it does not always make sense once you figure in the costs.

Does the 951 not come with a rear axle? WTF is with Intense and this scam??

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Intense does not produce the rear axles. Never have. They normally stock Sun Ringle axles but I think they're out of stock and are using Azonics right now. I scrambled to get an axle from a LBS last week to get my 951 rolling. From an M6 to the 951...I'm loving it.

Gregor, didn't you used to live in Mexico at one point? I think I rode with you in SD when you were rolling on a Sam Hill-esque green Sunday. :)

Gregor

Monkey
Oct 8, 2006
Lake Louise, AB
Gregor, didn't you used to live in Mexico at one point? I think I rode with you in SD when you were rolling on a Sam Hill-esque green Sunday. :)
Hey orvan,
thats right, that was me. You showed me noble canyon and a secret spot!
Nice to see you on the same bike now;) I am living in canada right now. I will come to socal in june 2010. Maybe do some riding together?;)
do you have a picture of your 951?

Last edited: