Quantcast

Intense M sizing

ceng.dog

Chimp
Sep 23, 2007
I started out on a Small M3, and at just on 5'7" found it slightly undersized when upright and pedaling.
On full on DH and coasting, the size felt spot on.

On my next rig I went with a Medium M6 and it feels great on the open but if anything its a smidgen too big on the tight techy stuff.

I've just ordered a medium 951 and I've come to realize the top tube is 0.5" bigger over the M6.
Now the seat tube on the 951 is smaller than the M6 by 0.75", so would that have a bearing on the effective top tube length?

I'm not sure if I should change the order to a small..
(I've uploaded the Socom, M6, 951 Stats)

Attachments

dilzy

Monkey
Sep 7, 2008
Wheelbase and chainstay for the m6 and the 951 are the same and they have basically the same HA, so your front centre distance is going to be the same.

The m6's seat tube angle is very slack with a shorter tt to get the same placement as the 951.

Honestly don't think it will matter to you if the tt is a bit different, just get an I-beam post, that'll give you a good 2" of tt length adjustment.

Where the hell were you today? Perfect day, it was just Rob, Tim and myself. We had two utes, so could have shuttled any number of people.

ceng.dog

Chimp
Sep 23, 2007
I got a phone call from the local distributer yesterday saying that Intense made a mistake with the Geometry stats on the Intense web site.
Apparently the 951 sizing is the same as the M6...

Can anyone confrim this

ceng.dog

Chimp
Sep 23, 2007
Oh looky, the Intense website now has the M6 with same size (effective) top tube.......

I'll take that as a yes to my last post