intense m1 rear triangle?

Discussion in 'Downhill & Freeride' started by dezul43, Jan 20, 2008.

1. dezul43

dezul43 Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    i cracked my 2002 m1 rear triangle and intense doesnt make em anymore. i need a 135mm rear triangle. anyone out there have one? please pm me if so. compensation is in order.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. daisycutter

daisycutter Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    3 / 29
    I know last year they still had some. They should still be making them as there are a lot of m1s around. Like the 2 I have.

3. al-irl

al-irl Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    if you can't get one, risse do a back end that will fit. You'll end up with a none horst link bike but it will save you shelling out for a new frame.

4. bikenweed

bikenweed Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    My buddies have re-welded and gusseted their seatstays in that same place where they all break. No one with a "fixed" seatstay has had any problems. And no one even heat treated it after fixing it. If everything on your rear end is still in good enough shape, talk to a good welder with a TIG set up. They can get it back together.

Intense gave me the run around big time. They didn't seem to have any rear ends in 2005. Have they made some more up since then?

5. Spunger

Spunger Git yer dumb questions here

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 0
    I would think that they could weld up a new rear end if they had to. I don't know why they'd be such a-holes about it. You should be able though to get the crack welded back up and then gusseted to fix. I'd imagine if they would make you a new one they would be something like $250-350. The risse idea might work out as well too.

6. daisycutter

daisycutter Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    3 / 29
    time to ask for a crash replacement for your frame from intense. THey should give you wholesale price.

7. dezul43

dezul43 Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    i cracked both rear seatstays completely through after have welded one side already.
    my m3 is a few weeks away and would like to build back up the m1 for second dh rig.

8. Pbody

Pbody Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    I'm pretty sure the Azonic rears on their DH bike are near identical to the the M1. Check out Azonic's website or give them a call.

9. SnowboardinWA

SnowboardinWA Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Worse case, Go with a Saint derailer. I'm currently working on machining a 2001 rear so I can add a replaceable hanger. Once I get it purfect, I'm going to machine my bikes hanger down so it will take the replaceable hanger.

10. Dartman

Dartman Old Bastard Mike

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    I tried the Saint with my M1 (2001) and can't see how to make it work with the bushings in the dropouts. The Saint has a tab that sticks into standard dropouts to keep the derailleur from rotating.

Check with Erik at www.balleracing.com, he had someone machine his for a replaceable hanger.

11. SnowboardinWA

SnowboardinWA Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Thats actually what I want done. I'm going to contact them and see how much they would charge to do mine, BEFORE it breaks.

12. SnowboardinWA

SnowboardinWA Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    I also was given a Haro 150mm rear that had the hanger broken off. Wonder if they could machine that also.

13. dezul43

dezul43 Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    thanks for the info. i ordered a risse rear tiangle and will have it by this thursday.

14. apefeet

apefeet Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 0
    i have an unpainted set of chainstays that are near perfect except for a tiny crack on the inside der. hanger on the wheel side of the hanger and outside of the threading. if interested pm me back.

15. Spunger

Spunger Git yer dumb questions here

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 0
    You'll have to post some pics of it with the new rear end and a review of how it bolts up. I'm interested in this as well. My rear end is fine, but just in case you never know.

16. dezul43

dezul43 Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    sure thing.

17. jon-boy

jon-boy Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 0
    I think I still have a set of seat stays, red with a bent deraillieur hanger that could be 'worked-on' to fit someones needed. I'll let them go for minimal $'s and covering the postage.

18. SnowboardinWA

SnowboardinWA Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    throw me a price